October 2012 Weddings

Honeymoon Registry?

Okay girls, so... I know the wedding is a while away but I am always trying to be ahead of the game, lol. I was thinking about having a honeymoon registry because the FI and I have both lived on our own for years and have TONS of household items. We really don't need or want more but we would like a Honeymoon. We are paying for everything ourselves and will not have money left for a Honeymoon. I went under the 'Registering and Gifts' board to see what people thought about them because I REALLY don't want to come off as rude.... well, those people are VERY anti them. They said some pretty awful stuff to the girls that asked about them. My question to you is: what do you think about a Honeymoon Registry? Rude or Acceptable? Please be as honest as you want!  Thank ya ladies!!!
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Honeymoon Registry?

• It's totally fine. People that get all worked up are kind of old school, right? Nothing wrong with being old school, it's just a preference. 

I crack up when I see something like a salad spinner on a 30-something friend's registry as I think to myself, really, you just need a salad spinner now? You turning over a new leaf and suddenly eating salad?

21st century, people, times have changed.
  • shoebieshoebie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the point is every one likes cash, everyone wants cash, by doing a honeymoon registry you are blatantly asking for cash. They dont register and actually get you a cartificate to hand in to go snorking, you are telling them what you want to do how much it cost and they are supposed to give you that much cash.... Again back to the cash is nice everyone wants cash but in a sense its the same as putting no gifts, cash only on your invites..... Diffrent people think diffrent things are ok if at the end of the day you are ok with it then do it its your day and no one elses, I would still find a few things to register for.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards