Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Is this tacky?

I'm inviting my boss and a few coworkers to the wedding and was going to hand deliver the invites or inter-office it to them. Is this frowned upon?
Even though i'm now married you ladies can't get rid of me. Hit me up www.facebook.com/groomzilla BOOYAH!!!

Re: Is this tacky?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what the proper rule is...but I mailed all of my STD's and plan to mail all of the invites. Even to the bridal party. But I'm just anal like that, lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what is proper.  I think hand-delievered is better than inter-officed though, if you're deciding between the two.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Since you are inviting a few and not all co workers I would mail them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely mail.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I mailed mine - but recently at a work meeting a co-worker handed out his invites to us... So I've definitely seen it both ways.  I honestly didnt care that he didnt mail them.   It looks better mailed, but it's not the end of the world if you don't, I guess.
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm inviting a few of my co-workers, but not others, so I'm going to mail them! It would be super-awkward if I stopped by one person's office to drop off the invite and someone not invited was in there!

And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The really high society weddings would have invites hand delivered to everyone.

However if some people are invited and others are not I would mail.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One of my co-workers is getting married soon and since she was only inviting some of us and not others, she decided to mail them out. But if you do decide to give them out at the office, I would definitely hand deliver them. It's more personal and I'm sure your guests will appreciate it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    RobotCakeRobotCake member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're not inviting co-workers, but we are hand-delivering our invitations to friends & family that we see regularly.  I don't think hand-delivering is tacky at all.  I think as long as you can give them to the invited co-workers privately so it's not obvious that people are left out, it would be ok.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards