Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Penn's Landing Reception

Anyone able to find an affordable venue for a ceremony and reception at Penn's Landing?  I really want the city and water views!!!

Has anyone used the Pier 19 Ballroom at Hibachi - they don't have any pictures on their site and I hate to waste time if the venue is not great.  

I would appreciate any thoughts/tips from Philly brides!!!!

Re: Penn's Landing Reception

• Options
    needle&threadneedle&thread member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been in the Hibachi location, but at that time it was not HIbachi; it has a wonderful view--really big windows. 

You can also try the Seaport Museum on the Philly side and the Aquarium on the Camden side (beautiful!! you can eat while the fish swim around you behind glass.)

I still haven't spoken to a coordinator, but I find that the Moshulu is pretty reasonable and its right on the water (no, the ship does not move or rock). Here is the website: 

http://www.moshulu.com/site/private.asp

Since you're local, just go for a visit.

Hope this helps

S and CJ

S and CJ image imageWhen is my wedding
    Visit Purple.weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cream to my Coffee
  • Options
    Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hibachi is great but you have to walk through the entire restuarant to get to the ballroom.  It's alittle weird IMO.  Seaport is VERY cool.  Its BYOB and a blank slate.  It was my first pick.  Moshulu is unique but your guests are spread out if you have a large group.  Also try the Hyatt next to the Seaport.  The Spirit of Philadelphia also offers options depending on the size of your reception.

As you can tell, I too liked Penn's Landing :) 
  • Options
    Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just read the affordable part.  Based on my research last year...Hibachi was lowest, then Seaport, Moshulu, and Hyatt was most expensive.  But it really depends on your package.
  • Options
    Linz2041Linz2041 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just visited the Seaport Museum on Saturday.  While you certainly can't beat the view, their ballroom and terrace room aren't anything special.  Their packages aren't outrageously expensive, but it seems like you are getting the bare minimum and have to pay more for "extras."  For me, it wasn't worth the cost.
  • Options
    Brianne78Brianne78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for all the input!!! 

i love the moshulu, i will have to check out hibachi

santorini2011 - greece is where we want to honeymoon - any tips on that?

good luck and congratulations to all of you!
  • Options
    _Dagney__Dagney_ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I work at the seaport museum.  I'm not involved in the event rentals here.  They are actually handled by Culinary Concepts.  For what it's worth, I ADORE their manager, Andrew.  He is a very good friend and I know he does a wonderful job.

The above posters are correct as far as the museum being a "blank slate".
    Our ballroom is about as plain as possible.  It has a great view, white walls, no decoration.

There are several outdoor spaces for ceremonies.  One nice thing is the back-up spaces in case of rain, are still attractive.

Obviously I'd love it if you considered our museum.  If you do decide to look into it and want an honest opinion on the recommended vendors (cake, florist, etc) let me know.

Another location to consider is the Gazela.  It's much less formal and good for a smaller wedding (but the prices are really low and you can basically do whatever you want as far as caters, etc.) vivit www.gazela.org

(I volunteer for them as crew.  it's an historic tall ship that is docked at penn's landing.)
  • Options
    Brianne78Brianne78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks!! i appreciate the insiders view.  We are definitely considering the museum as well.  I keep hearing the view is unbelievable! 

I will check out the Gazela!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards