October 2012 Weddings
Options

When are you ordering bridesmaid dresses and tuxes?

Two of my bridesmaids are dieting and my two junior bridesmaids grow like weeds so I did not want to order the dresses too early. I am going to order from David's bridal and the men's warehouse.
Photobucket invite1

Re: When are you ordering bridesmaid dresses and tuxes?

• Options
    My girls already ordered their dresses earlier this month. We were told they wont be in until September, which freaked me out!!! Then the date changed to August. My MOH is pregnant now, but will have the baby in August...so it was tough deciding on a dress size for her...but we went with what she is now with her small baby bump just in case.
    weddingpic
  • Options
    Dang it! I wasnt done.... I would ask the store how long it takes to get the dresses in, and same for the tuxes...and then go from there. Be sure to leave them time for alterations if necessary. It is always easier to take in, than add to - so if anything order the sizes they are now for the girls who are losing weight and order a size bigger for the girls who are growing??

Good luck!
    weddingpic
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I just ordered my BM dresses from David's Bridal, and they said to allow 6-8 weeks for delivery. However, one of the dresses we ordered on 5/5 was just delivered this past Friday. Still no word on the other 4. My advise would be to go ahead and get them ordered, so you can garauntee you'll get your first pick/color of dress. The girls that are dieting can always order a size down, or get them altered closer to wedding date. Your juniors, realistically, won't grow so much in 5 months that they wont be able to fit in their dress, and they can always order a size up, and then have it altered if necessary.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker siggy 6
  • Options
    Dresses were in 2 months ago they are going to the seamstress in August for last minute trims and tucks, tux/suits are RSVP'd and being fit in August...well for the most part would help if FI would choose his BEST MAN or at least LET HIM KNOW he choose him LOL
    my son and ringbearer are being fit in the begining of Sept since they grow like weeds
  • Options
    If you go into Davids Bridal they will say "OMG WTF ORDER THEM NOWWWWWWWW." because they want your sale. We ordered my bridesmaids dresses in February, every single dress was in by March. We ordered my junior bridesmaid dress in mid April and it was in by the end of April. They are usually very fast, but to make 100% sure all of the dresses are in I would order them no later than mid August.

As for tuxedos, we choose our tuxedos last month, we were going to wait but we had a coupon. They said that they want the guys to get fitted at the end of July. Like the bridesmaids dresses, I would reserve tuxedos no later than mid August.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We ordered BM dresses back in February. We ordered tuxes in April, but they guys don't have to get measured until July.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Bridesmaid ordered their dresses at the end of April. I haven't called to see when they will be in but it's not a huge deal since we have tons of time.

FI and 3/4 of the groomsmen have already been measured for their tuxes. Since the tuxes they are wearing are the most basic ones at the store, they pretty much have one in every size. The only thing we had to do was buy ties since FI picked one out that wasnt available for rent.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to Re:When are you ordering bridesmaid dresses and tuxes?:[QUOTE]If you go into Davids Bridal they will say "OMG WTF ORDER THEM NOWWWWWWWW." because they want your sale. We ordered my bridesmaids dresses in February, every single dress was in by March. We ordered my junior bridesmaid dress in mid April and it was in by the end of April. They are usually very fast, but to make 100 sure all of the dresses are in I would order them no later than mid August. As for tuxedos, we choose our tuxedos last month, we were going to wait but we had a coupon. They said that they want the guys to get fitted at the end of July. Like the bridesmaids dresses, I would reserve tuxedos no later than mid August. Posted by Heath66[/QUOTE]

This exactly. My girls started ordering their dresses in March because DB got on my case about it. Less than 2 months later, everyone already has their dresses in hand. Same thing with MW for tuxes. They will want your guys to get fitted ASAP mainly so they can confirm the number of people in your party. The good news there is that if anyone's measurements change, they can get refitted up to about 2 or 3 weeks before the wedding date.
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • Options
    Bridesmaid's dresses for us had to be ordered by the end of March cause they were being discontinued, but will be in by the end of June.  Tuxes are RSVP'd too, will do fittings in August (after seeding, before harvest since half of them are farmers)
    458 Invited image
    300 Yes image
    78 No image
    80 Are making my stalk mailbox image
  • Options
    shoebieshoebie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Everything is ordered 
  • Options
    thanks ladies, i will be ordering them soon.
    Photobucket invite1
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards