October 2012 Weddings

Ugh, tan lines

Ok, so I have a job working outside this summer. Today's the second day I've gotten pretty decently sunburned (forgot my sunscreen at home and no one else had any to share), and I'm starting to develop really bad tan lines around the edges of my polo shirt.

Any recommendations for covering them up, fixing them, or hiding them? I can't go tanning because my skin is too fair.  My dress is strapless, of course. I'm thinking of buying a lace bolero jacket (I've been thinking about it anyway) in case there's nothing I can do about them. The one I'm really worried about is the v at my neck.
Photobucket
Anniversary
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Ugh, tan lines

• Im worried about tan lines this summer also! The only thing I can think of is wearing a tube top type bathing suit lol but maybe try spray tan if its to uneven?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 192 Invited image
    65 Are ready to party! image
    4 Are party poopers! image
    123 Have me stalking the mailbox.image
  • Holy crap, i was just thinking about this today. I was going to post a QOTD about this since i am sure there are many of us that have strapless dresses.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Wear long sleeves under your polo? Yes it will suck and be super hot! But no tan lines!! Or get a spray tan closer to the wedding?
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • I was thinking of spray tanning but wasn't sure it'd cover it. It kind of makes me sad to go darker because I've got very "porcelain" skin and I love the way it looks against the white dress. Been thinking about it and may see if makeup will lighten/blend at my throat, then go ahead and do the bolero jacket to cover my arms.
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • You can make sure to exfoliate frequently. Use a loofah in the shower regularly and use an exfoliating scrub on the tanned areas.
  • What ricsunga said... and also if you can just use sunscreen religiously. Highest SPF you can find. Wear a hat. Better to be totally pale with no tan lines than have funny stripes on your wedding day.
  • shoebieshoebie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Spray tan... staret now and try out a few salons they differ greatly. Make sure before you book that they do at least 2 coats and it is manually applied not by a machine
  • Oh my, I didn't even think about this. I always end up with 3 sets of tan lines due to working outside at camp and mostly on the dock: the bathing suit tan, the sandal tan, and the watch tan. (yes, I end up with a pale spot in the shape of a watch on my wrist)
  • I have an AWFUL watch tan. Lol. I know I'll be wearing my watch for the wedding cause it's very noticeable. I also have bad tan lines from my rings, and from my socks. This is the first year I've gotten the shirt tan though, usually I wear different length sleeves to keep it from getting bad. I'll be spending quite a bit of time in spaghetti straps on my days off this year.

I wouldn't have thought of exfoliating to try and reduce the tan. I like that, because I love my natural skin color, even if some people do think it's vampiricly pale. I wear sunscreen religiously to keep from burning, as I burn very easily in all weather conditions, and I finally got my work to give me a hat on Saturday.
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards