October 2012 Weddings

anyone adding straps to their dress?

I was wondering if anyone was adding straps to their dress? if so, do you have a picture of the straps your adding. I have a large bust and I am going to add straps to my strapless dress so i feel more comfortable.
Photobucket invite1

Re: anyone adding straps to their dress?

• Haven't decided.  It stays up alright now, but I did entertain the idea of adding sleeves and lace... Probably won't.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    270475_10151278916785395_726690480_n-1
    Mom to D.A (11.09) and 3 beautiful angels (06.08, 03.11, 07.12)
  • My dress comes with straps, but I am having them removed.  I also have a larger bust, but with the proper alterations, I am told everything will stay in place and be comfortable.  So, we'll see.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • I don't have a larger bust per se, but I have a decent amount. The back of my dress is corseted so hopefully that will keep everything in its place :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My dress already has straps.  I'm big chested as well and would NEVER feel comfortable in a strapleess... I don't care if they nip tuck it and I could do sommersautes in it, it's just not what I'm used to. 

Do it if you think you'll feel more comfortable! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • I don't think my dress would even look right with straps...I never considered it. Plus every dress I did try on with any sort of strap I hated. Its all up to how you feel!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have straps that I am removing.  I say if you will feel more comfortable with them, add them.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I'm adding them, more because my shoulders are so broad the straps take attention away from them.  I chose straps from a different dress that they are going to add and will match the beadwork etc of my dress to the straps.  You can kind of see in my siggy.
  • I am still on the search for a lace bolero for the ceremony. My dress is a Jim Hjelm (in my siggy) and I love the lacework on the bodice. If I cannot find a bolero that matches it, I may have to opt for silk/satin/whatever. I've seen a few on Etsy, but wouldn't want to buy and return in case of a mismatch.

Any suggestions, ladies?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited March 2012

I'm adding straps, even though I'm not particularly busty, and a bolero. Part of it, I think, is that I'm uncomfortable with strapless anything. The other thing is that any little bit of extra material to keep me warm in potentially frigid Michigan weather, the better. And I'm getting married in the Catholic church and covering up is almost always mandatory.
    Ovarian cyst lapro: '01, '04, '09 Conal biopsy: '01- results negative Dilation: '03 for cervical scarring Pcos test: '05, FSH and LH normal Mirena removed July '12 My Ovulation Chart
  • I don't plan on adding straps to mine, but I did add detachable straps to a bridesmaid dress I was in once.  I wore it strapless for the ceremony and all the pictures, but for the dancing portion I put them on so I didn't have to worry.

Your seamstress could easily do that if you wanted.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
    182 can't wait to partyimage
    76 are missing all the funimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_anyone-adding-straps-to-their-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:96a775ed-ecbe-454d-87e7-dc87e9302b39Post:3dec00b2-776d-4b1b-8766-2e850fa568e3">Re: anyone adding straps to their dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't plan on adding straps to mine, but<strong> I did add detachable straps to a bridesmaid dress I was in once.  I wore it strapless for the ceremony and all the pictures, but for the dancing portion I put them on so I didn't have to worry.</strong> Your seamstress could easily do that if you wanted.
    Posted by Simply_Caitlin[/QUOTE]

This!  I was in 2 wedding over the past few years and I was very top heavy.  I had detachable straps added that I put on once all the formal pics and ceremony was done.  I was way more comfortable with them added.  Now I'm not as top heavy and will not be adding them to my wedding dress. Do what you think is going to be most comfortable for you!
    Follow Me on Pinterest image

Weight Loss Journey Blog- Feel free to read if you like!updated 3/25/12 http://danaslapbandjourney.blogspot.com/
  • I'm having cap sleeves put on my dress. I am top heavy so it'll add a little bit of support but I'm also getting them because I just don't like how I look in a strapless dress. 
    You can see my dress if you click the link in my sig.  These (<-clicky) are the cap sleeves I'm adding.  I have a picture somewhere of one of them just kind of draped on my shoulder to show how it would look but I'm not sure where that pic is.
    I hope that helps.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards