October 2012 Weddings

20 randoms

saw this on another board thought it might be something silly and fun.  20 random facts about yourself :)

1) I got kicked outta my first high school, (which worked cause it was just the beginning to meeting my FH!)
2) since I have horrible spelling I tend to make up my own words, and people have actually started using them too LOL
3) have a serious shoe addiction, and I'm going threw withdrawal since saving for this wedding has started
4) I'm embarrassed by most of the shows I watch ex teen mom
5)have a pet fish named red, but he's really blue
6) have a really odd sense of humor
7) can out drink most people I meet
8) not 100% sure about some of my DIY stuff on my list but will do them anyway cause my mom annoyed me about them, now I must prove her wrong and make them awesome!!!!
9) starting to think I am hearing my baby clock ticking louder and louder lately and its freaking me out a lot
10) use my blonde hair to work for me as much as I can "it takes a smart brunette to play a dumb blonde"
11) I have the worst luck with cars, I wish I could just have a horse like they did back in the day
12) instead of working out right now I feel this is a better way to use my time
13) I have a picture of my niece on my phone so when I'm in bar and someone tries to hit on me I can tell them its my daughter to make them go away - it works
14) me and my girls have fake names we've been using when we go out on the weekends so guys cant try to find us on facebook or anything - mine is sherri jameson :)
15) I'm still in love with anything from the 80's
16) even tho I look all sweet and innocent I tend to shock everybody since I listen to metal/heavy metal have 10 tattoos and love hockey! Football and baseball
17) me and my FH have a stuff monkey we bring with us everywhere names Sir Lance- A lot, he's our mascot for vacations
18) I can predict two people that will bring out the bridezilla in me, my mother and a friend of ours
19) I really am a total ***** in the morning, especially before I have my coffee
20) really wish my friends would realize we are no longer 21 and start going out drinking at different places. The frat scene is getting really old and making me feel even older

Oct. 2012 Siggy E-Rings Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary

Re: 20 randoms

• 1) I have OCD. I was diagnosed a few years ago. 2) I am horribly addicted to soda. 3) I broke my ankle February 15, and I just got back to work a few weeks ago. Its still very messed up, and I don't know if I'll be able to wear heels again. 4) My dad had a massive hemorrhagic stroke in December, and I'm sad we won't be able to dance on my wedding day. 5) if I could have another career, I'd a detective. 6) I am a huge animal lover. 7) the Outer Banks in NC is my favorite place on Earth.. 8) I hate flying with all my heart. 9) People tell me I look young for my age, but I hate when my patients think I'm a kid and shouldn't be their nurse. 10) fall is my absolute favorite time of the year. I often will light a pumpkin candle and watch Hocus Pocus and pretend it's 55 degrees out, even if it's in July. 11) I only want one child, and I've never really had baby fever. I feel like I am way too young for that. 12) I am a HUGE Green Bay Packers fan. We try to go see a game at least once a year. 13) I feel like my FI is really the only person that could ever get me to marry them. 14) I watch RL Stine shows on the Hub when I'm off! 15) I am a very sarcastic person. 16) I drive way too fast, like 90-100 mph fast. I get bored very easily and driving is one of those times. 17) I can only sleep if it's pitch black and quiet. 18) I am the only person I know that hates iced tea. 19) I am an awful cook. 20) I will never raise my voice with someone and if I'm mad you wont know it. I tend to let others walk all over me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 1) I speak 3 languages, French, Portuguese and English - so sometimes when I speak the words come out in all languages, haha
    2) I smoked for 15 years and just quite 4 months ago. Very happy with myself :)
    3) I am the middle sibling - which could explain some things...lol
    4) My favorite hockey team is the Montreal Canadian
    5) Met my FI through Facebook
    6) I'm a baker and will be making my own wedding cake = savings!!!!!
    7) I love nature, I can sit outside on a beautiful day and just stay there staring at the trees, flowers, sky...
    8) I have 3 cats and a dog, surprisingly, they ALL get along
    9) Did synchronized swimming for 20 something years - my dream was to go to the olympics
    10) If I ever win the lottery, the first thing I would do is take care of my parents and then disappear for a while with the FI (and I mean a LONG while! lol)
    11) My favorite movie of all time is Dirty Dancing "Nobody puts Baby in the corner!" Love it!
    12) I am perfectionnist, at least that's what I've been told. I kind of agree as well, specially with the wedding. I want everything perfect!
    13) I am a total baby when it comes to pain and being sick. I have NOOO pain tolerance.
    14) My favorite pass time with my FI, is cuddling.... I'm a bit cuddler!
    15) It's very hard for me to say No to people, I tend to try and please everyone.
    16) I sprained my ankle playing basketball back in high school, I played the first game of the season, and the last game of the season.
    17) Eventhough the wedding is still 18 months away, I'm already starting to do my DIY stuff, that way I will have more time to enjoy not panicking about what needs to be done.
    18) I am petrified of heights, but I love rollercoasters!
    19) I am blinging up my shoes with blue rhinestones - can't wait
    20) I call my FI my bubba bear - he is my cuddly bear!
    October 2012 Sig: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    In Progress Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1) I have always lived in Northern KY but as soon as my son and FI's kids are old enough we are planning on moving to one of the Carolina's.
    2) Back in high school while working at Target my FI worked there too and would ask me out on date's all the time... I always said no because he was a "nice guy" and I was young and dumb and into the "bad boys"
    3) When I was 18 I got pregnant by the "bad boy" and he left when Eli (my son) was 6 months old
    4) I have PCOS and I don't think I will ever be able to get pregnant again.
    5) I can be judgemental and that is the one thing I want to change about myself
    6) My FI has 2 kids from a previous marriage and they are part albino (from their mom's side) called waardenburg syndrome
    7) The Labyrinth is my ALL TIME favorite movie!!!
    8) I have road rage like no other!!!!
    9) I love my job but HATE my supervisor which makes things so hard.
    10) I am kinda into anything that has to do with serial killers... weird, I know.
    11)Yes, I am one of those Twilight people.
    12) Actually I love to read almost anything but my favorite author is Nicholas Sparks. I plan on framing a different love quote from each of his books and putting one on every table of my reception!!
    13) I still can't believe a guy as amazing as my FI wants to spend his life with me! :)
    14) I have dreamed of getting married in October since I was a little girl.
    15) One day I will own a Corvette!!!
    16) I am very close to my family even though we are all crazy.
    17) My dad has had Prostate Cancer for the last 6 years and things are getting worse. I don't know if he will still be here by the time I get married.
    18) I love to cook and am blessed with a son and a FI who will eat whatever crazy thing I feel like making for the day.
    19) When I was younger my boyband of choice was Hanson, lol.
    20) I am surprising my FI with our honeymoon... he will have no idea where we are going until we get to the airport!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • (BrittanyRn I also hate Tea!)

have two Little boys, First son I miss terribly I did an open adoption

I don’t want to change my name, his name is so common..

My dad died when I was 9 and he is the only family I want to come to my wedding.

I am going to have my two boys be ring bearers

Love my job, but wish I could advance, didn’t get my promotion..

When everyone tells me my son is so cute I accidently say I know every time instead of thank you.

We have 4 dogs, one cat, and a pony (pony we have had since I was 6)

We want a farm with more horses.

I don’t want my mom or any other family to come, I don’t even want to invite them because it will just be a disappointment.

I love Disney movies

I hate mushy love stories, they are so predictable

I an trying to eat healthy, it is not working

I exercise everyday

I don’t want a white dress, I am looking at red..

I play guitar

I want to learn how to play train marry me just for fun.

My mom is a photographer, but I never get pictures taken from her

We are getting married at an aquarium

I can't go a day with out a coke

It takes a lot to make me ma but when I get mad I am a b****..
    imageimage OCT 2012 May Siggy! Engagement rings! Wedding Countdown Ticker imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_20-randoms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:9e6e56e7-4626-4ea0-8fd4-ddbcc24f9dbbPost:291ad427-b087-4f66-a1ac-2dc69c7abbef">Re: 20 randoms</a>:
    [QUOTE](BrittanyRn I also hate Tea!)   I hate mushy love stories, they are so predictable  Posted by horsesscc4[/QUOTE]

i totally agree!  hate hate hate them, we watched a movie once that i actually didnt think would be "sooo" chick flicky and it was good up until the last 10 mins and my FI cracked up laughing cause he heard me grown and say "ooo great now they had to gay it up and ruin it" lol

im also totally jealous of you cause you have a pony!
  • 1. i am an only child
    2. i have been to 24 countries
    3. i was on wheel of fortune (i aired march 1st) i did not win anything.
    4. i got laid off  on 11/20/08 from my job in NYC
    5. had i not gotten laid off, i would have never met FI.
    6. i was in a sorority.
    7. i hate almost everything white and creamy (lol) i hate mayo, cream cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese.  BUT i like yogurt.  strange.
    8. i say things without thinking and come accross as a huge btch. 
    9. i am glad i bought all of my designer things before i met FI as he thinks designer stuff is a waste of money.
    10. i deserve a promotion but my company only looks and longevity
    11. my dog is extremely dog aggressive
    12. i think my dad has gone off the deep end
    13. i used to have an eating disorder in HS (i have never told anyone that)  I get very upset at the smallest things that deal with my weight and FI cant understand why.  I want to tell him but I just cant.
    14. I have a lot of frienemies
    15. i have met most of the Phillies team
    16.  i want to get 3 of my 4 tatoos removed

17. my birthday is the day after christmas
    18. i love beer
    19. my current job pays 40% less than my old one.
    20. i can not wait to get married!!!!!

October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • horsesscc4  I'm getting married in CIncinnati too...at the Museum Center!

1) I have a twin sister and people call me by her name even when they don't know I have a twin much less her name

2) I have a Bachelors Degree from Ohio State

3) I am going back to school for nursing because the economy tanked right before I graduated

4) I have a dog named Winnifred or Winnie for short....best bday gift ever!

5) I love my family and miss them a lot because I live 4 hrs away

6) I am a HUGE Buckeyes fan

7) My fiance and I were together 6 months before he moved to Las Vegas for med school....2 years of long distence!

8) I moved to Northern Ohio after I graduated to be with him

9) I love chocolate and crave it all the time

10) I'm looking forward to the whole buying a house and having babies part of my life

11) I got engaged on New Years Eve at a bar called the Flying Pig

12) I am getting married in an old 1930's train station that is now a museum

13) My fiance is Jewish...I am not which is making things a little more complicated for the ceremony part

14) I don't completely trust myself with DIY projects and really would like to try some

15) I want to move back to Southern Ohio and would be happy to stay there

16) I can't wait to have a job....I have been in school forever

17) Some of my friends still live near the college and act like they never graduated..time to grow up boys

18) I was in a sorority (Delta Zeta) and miss all the girls I was closed too

19) I have no really friends were I live and wish some times I had some one other than my FI to talk to and hangout with

20) I am very excited about getting married...but I don't want it to happen to fast!

for siggy
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_20-randoms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:9e6e56e7-4626-4ea0-8fd4-ddbcc24f9dbbPost:d71ac4a0-d9be-4473-ab1e-9c3e576a7f38">Re: 20 randoms</a>:
    [QUOTE]. i used to have an eating disorder in HS (i have never told anyone that)  I get very upset at the smallest things that deal with my weight and FI cant understand why. Posted by jackiebean26[/QUOTE]

i just told my FI last week about this, same thing happened with me.  he knows how weight is such an issue with me. and since moving in i gained 10 pounds and lately i was have been freaking out and getting upset whenever we have to go out cause its all i would notice. we started getting into alot of fights then cause he didnt understand.  so i sat him down and told him the whole ugly truth of it all, and it has honestly helped alot since.  it was scary to tell him, dont know why but it helped now that he knows cause he's been a lil more understanding and everything
  • 1. I am adopted
    2. I just met my biological Sister in 2009 and my Brother and Dad in 2010
    3. I have 3 little boys
    4. I am in love with zombie and vampire lore
    5. I can't stand Twilight
    6. I wish I was more social so I could actually have friends offline
    7. I am one of the biggest gamer geeks I have ever met
    8. Seriously in love with Aleister Crowley and Edgar Allan Poe
    9. I am constantly terrified that when people get to know me they will freak at how quirky I am and run for the hills
    10. I designed and drew all of my tattoos
    11. I write poetry
    12. I am really nervous about my wedding. I am Pagan and he is REALLY starting to be intrigued about my beliefs and starting to believe too. His family is all highly religous and by the bible. We are handfasting....
    13.I hate my job and want to leave but I won't because I know where my priorites are so I bite my tongue and deal with it.
    14. I have a mad crush on Damon from Vampire Diaries
    15. I now have to go pick my kids up from daycare because they are sick.....
  • @toribee: I love Zumba, being doing it for 6 weeks now, very high energy and you learn great dance moves.
    October 2012 Sig: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    In Progress Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • acwmacwm member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2011
    1.) I really love to organize things-- I alphabetize, arrange by color, put things in piles and categories. I have liked to do this since I was a toddler.

2.) When I was 12, I was swarmed by yellow jackets. I had 80+ stings all over me. It was the first (and, knock on wood, only) time I've ever been stung, so I have no idea what only one sting feels like.

3.) My siblings and I are spread out over 21 years. I am in the middle-- my sister is 5 years older and my brother is 16 years younger.

4.) I didn't lose my last baby tooth until i was 16.

5.) My mom had cancer while I was in college. I donated my hair to Locks for Love. I was proud to do it, but my head felt like it weighed a million pounds with all that hair.

6.) I hate loud repetitive noises. But I sleep through my alarm almost every morning.

7.) Episodic television on DVD is terribly addictiing for me. I will watch entire series, from start to finish, in the course of a few days (or weeks). 

8.) I drink more Diet Coke than anyone I know. 

9.) I hate to eat dinner while the kitchen is still dirty. I've developed some really interesting cleaning-while-cooking strategies.

10.) I used to own every Edward Norton movie ever made. I've fallen behind in my collection the last few years, but I still adore him.

11.) I produce a lot of laundry. I have no idea how. 

12.) Once, I got a sunburn so bad I wound up in the emergency room. Yes, I'm that pale. 

13.) FI is unlike anyone I've ever dated. I think that's why we work so well together.

14.) I used to be an events coordinator. I've planned everything from small luncheons to 1,000 person galas. My mom refers to that job as my "training" for planning a wedding. That makes me nervous for her expectations.

15.) I was in a sorority. And, I was so sororitastic, I was vice-president of my college's Panhellenic Council. I still wear my letters to the gym sometimes, and my gym bag has my letters on it.

16.) My mother is one of the most amazing people I know. She is tough, compassionate, feisty and incredibly strong. We grew really close when she was sick, and she is one of my best friends. 

17.) I love Law and Order. Preferably SVU. The theme song used to be my ringtone.

18.) I left a job I really really loved for one I hoped I would love as much. It's been a learning process, but I think I'm getting there.

19.) FI and I met at one of the events I planned. We have a poster from that event framed on our wall. It's fun to have a souvenir of the day we met.

20.) I'm pretty convinced the crockpot is the greatest invention ever.

ETA: I'm not sure how I changed font halfway through. Fixed that, and some spelling.

Photobucket
  • [QUOTE]16.  i want to get 3 of my 4 tatoos removed Posted by jackiebean26[/QUOTE]
     I want to get 2 of my 3 removed :(
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • FIRST of all... I loved reading everyone's posts, so honest and open, its really awesome!

1. i am an only child
    2. my parents got divorced when i was 5
    3. i am bi-racial (black/white) but strangers always think im latina
    4. i studied german for 7 years
    5. i am in grad school for my masters in social work, and my work is paying for it
    6. i am convinced i chose social work because i knew i would like me job, and never make enough money lol
    7. like others, i am starting to get antsy to start makin' babies!
    8. i have struggled with weight my entire life; i was a chubby child, lost a significant amount of weight and have done that cyle 3 times
    9. my FI and are complete opposites, but i think thats what works so well for us
    10. i have two little dogs named molly and zoey
    11. i am not a morning person
    12. i barely watch tv, maybe one or two hours a week
    13. i have lived in wisconsin my entire life, we are planning to eventually move to IL where my FI is from
    14. I have played soccer my entire life (and still do for fun on a womens league)
    15. I was pulled over once when I was in undergra and should have gotten a DUI but the officer sympathized with me that it would ruin my career. I definetly learned my lesson.
    16. dont have the best relationship with FI parents
    17. i really dont want to work tomorrow
    18. i have literally had at least a dozen cell phones
    19. we live in a condo, and i hate the lady that lives downstairs
    20. is it october 2012 yet?!?!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary
  • edited April 2011

1. I am an only child & love my parents but I can't wait to move out.

2.  My parents have been married for 38 years.

3. I HATE when people say my FI and I are too young to be getting married & that we are going to end up divorced by the time we are 30. FYI people: we are going to prove you wrong.

4. I met my FI in high school senior year and hated him! We had a class together & I sat by him all year but didn't like him at all. A lot happened in 2 years lol.

5. Even though I am almost 21, I have no intention of drinking on my birthday. Or ever. It's not my thing.

6. My FI has a 13 month old daughter, Anastasia. And we have been together for 18 months. He did not cheat on me, regardless of what people think. I knew a month after we started dating that he was going to have a child. When I told him I would supprot him & stay with him, I meant it. And I have never looked back. I love her as much as my FI.

7. I have been looking at bridal magazines with my MOH since we were in 1st grade.

8. I care wayyy too much about what people think of me.

9. Every night I sleep with the bear my dad bought for me when I was born.

10. Shoes are my addiction. If I had to guess, I would say I have between 100-125 pairs.

11. School is like the death of me. I have a year left for my psychology degree. But I am scared to graduate.

12. Nicholas Sparks' books are my other addiction. I own the majority of the books he has written, and I love everyone. But my favorite is Dear John. I stayed up one night & read the entire thing.

13. I hate the D-word. Horrible word. Deployment. I am afraid of losing my FI.

14. I have been craving chicken parmesan for over a month now.

15. My FI birthday is Christmas Eve.

16. I love to clean. Seems crazy since my room is currently a mess, but I think cleaning is therapeutic.

17. The only music I listen to is country.

18. I want my 2nd holes & my belly-button pierced but I am too scared of needles to get it done.

19. I hate disappointing people. I would rather be yelled at then get told I disappointed someone.

20. When I was a senior in high school, my bowling team won state. We were pretty good lol.

21!?!?  I had to warn everybody...I love saying lol. Laughing

October 2012 Siggy:Pets!!!
    Current pet:Zeke
    Dream pets:Great Dane & Yorkshire
  • 1. My biggest fear is going to the dentist.
    2. I get irrationally angry if I have to wait more than 20 min at the doctor's office.
    3. my favorite color is yellow.
    4. I have puppy fever so bad but my apartment does not allow pets.
    5. I am addicted to coffee
    6. My Kuerig is my best friend
    7. I hate when people spend money on me, it makes me feel bad.
    8. I helped make a world record on 10-10-10. Worlds largest gathering of Zombies.
    9. I hope no one gets offended by this but I am engaged to Zombie Jesus. (my FI looks like Jesus and he dresses up like Zombie Jesus all the time, he is currently trying to start up a YouTube show.)
    10. I met Tom Savini, and asked him about "The Gun", and yes he still owns it.
    11. I absolutely love hockey!
    12. I believe in reincarnation and I believe that I had something to do with The Beatles in my past life.
    13. I went to school for Theatre but I chickened out and went back for law.
    14. I am a really good baker
    15. My birthday is Saturday
    16. New York City is my favorite city in the world
    17. I have never shot or even held a gun
    18. I am terrified of birds
    19. I studied voice with the same voice coach that taught Josh Groban when he attended CMU
    20. I can twist my hand around 360*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_20-randoms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:9e6e56e7-4626-4ea0-8fd4-ddbcc24f9dbbPost:1c1931ce-8b57-4b92-8794-60ce331e22d1">Re: 20 randoms</a>:
    [QUOTE] 17) My mom's mother passed away when I was 17 and I miss her so much. Posted by toribee21[/QUOTE]

I am sorry to hear this. My Father passed away in 2003 and my Mother in 2007 ... I am only 24
  • 1)  I am graduating with BA form Saint Peter's College on May 23.
    2) I am graduating with a 3.65 and three honor societies.
    3) I am so scared I will not find a teaching job.
    4) I am only allergic to two things:  cats and spiders.
    5) Getting bit by spiders has sent me to the hospital three times.
    6)My favorite colors are blue and purple, even though my wedding colors are red and persimmion.
    7) I was a Varsity cheerleader, basketball player, and softball player.
    8) I am extremely nevous to go dress shopping.
    9) I have a basset hound named Freddy.
    10) When I was younger I had a pet blue lobster named Pinchy.
    11) Pick out bridesmaid dresses scares me too, I know I can't make everyone happy but I wish I could.
    12) One of the girls in my bridal party is the daughter of a women who was in my mom's bridal party.
    13) My fiancee and I aren't going to move into together until after the wedding.
    14) My fiancee pursued me for a year before I said yes.  (He was kind of a bad boy in High School and wasn't too sure about him)
    15) Even though it took a year he said he always knew we would get married.
    16) I had two knee surgeries by the time I was 21.
    17) They say I am going to have to get another knee surgery.
    18) I love Disney movies, my favorite is Beauty and the Beast.
    19) My favorite christmas movie is Christmas Story, I even have the leg lamp.
    20) I can't wait to watch the Royal Wedding!!!!!!!!!!!!  All the hype makes me wish it was October 5, 2012 already!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 210 Invited to Our Weddingimage
    90 Are Ready to Partyimage
    19 Are Missing a Great Timeimage
    101 Can't Find the MailboximageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • irish- thanks for the motivation.  im sure i will tell him one day....

jones- like you said, i love reading these too, its weird how we can tell complete strangers some of our more personal things, i love it.

sam- do you think you will ever get them removed?  i have one on my foot that i LOVE, unfortunately i have a tramp stamp ::hangs head in shame::: 

miz & tori- sorry for your losses =(

heather- my FI has had 2 knee surgeries and has been told he will need more.  every time he goes up the steps it sounds so painful.  he says it doesnt hurt, but then again hes a boy...
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FINALLY I have time to do this. This was an awesome idea Irisheyez!

1. I read every single one of your responses.
    2. My fear is crabs (particularly fiddler crabs or land crabs), I hate them, I especially hate landcrab season they fill the roads, and come in your garage!
    3. I have my Captain's license, got it at 18 (have to be 18 to get it), I did the classes and studied before my 18th birthday, and a few weeks after I went and took the test.
    4. Born and raised in Stuart, Florida, and will never move. Both of my parents were also born here (very rare to find a TRUE Floridian, and even harder to find a TRUE local).
    5. I love the water, and LOVE going out in the boat.
    6. Dale, my chocolate lab, is my life. I wouldnt know what to do without him, I love him sooo much. More than FI at times. :)
    7. I worked in the OR for 5 years, love watching surgeries, I can clean up throw up, or pick up poop, but washing the dishes grosses me out more than anything. I think its the wet food. BARF!
    8. I have no idea who is going to be in my BP, I have very little friends, esp the FI.
    9. My parents will be married for 25 years in June. I am so proud of that.
    10. My FI is the love of my life, we have everything in common.
    11. I love NASCAR, I hate all those other supports. Why in the world would you want to get beaten up over a little ball. (ya, ya...I like "Roundy Round")
    12. I was the State Champion in the 200 Breaststroke my Junior year. My Senior year my knee would go out on me. :(
    13. I had a full ride scholarship for swimming, but after my Senior year I didnt go.
    14. My FI had a scholarship for baseball but his last year playing hurt his rotator cuff. We prob would have never of met.
    15. The FI and I met at a FUNERAL! No kidding.
    16. My parents and his parents have never met, and I wouldnt be surprised if it were at the wedding (that is, if his mother actually comes).
    17. My favorite season is summer. I wanted a May/June wedding, but its too hot.
    18. I am terrified of babies, and now unsure if I want kids. I wanted two.
    19. I work in the same hospital I was born in, just got my 5 year appreciation certificate, my mom has worked here for 30 years!
    20. I cant wait to go to the Keys next weekend, we are bringing the boat down with us for the first time!!!!! 
  • 1. My FI and I moved in together a month into our relationship
    2. We have been together 8 years since then
    3. My sisters call me a Grandma because I love to Scrapbook and knit
    4. We had 6 cats at one time, one recently passed away
    5. I am a first generation Mexican American
    6. I always dreamed of a huge 150+ people wedding
    7. I am having a small intimate wedding with immediate family only
    8. I LOVE chocolate
    9. I am a binge eater and hate myself for it. (Getting better though)
    10. I have PCOS and don't know if I will ever have kids
    11. When I was little I said I was gonna grow up and be a mommy
    12. From middle school till Junior year I was a cutter
    13. FI makes all the bad things in my life seem so small (that's why I'm marrying him)
    14. The first nickname my FI gave me was "Lil' Gordita" and he meant it with love
    15. FI has a need to slap my butt whenever he is near me. (It's hereditary in his family i'm told. LOL)
    16. I am a DIY bride and will make everything but clothes
    17. My E-ring is not what I pictured or told him I wanted but I love it to death!
    18. My side of the family for the wedding includes 20 people
    19. His side of the family is 7 people
    20. I want to go back to school
    Anniversary
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Im so happy that all you girls are so open to share some of the deepest secrets you have. You are very brave, and im glad to hear that all of you have moved passed those old habits.
    I love you October girls! (**tear**) Mushy moment.
    Ox
  • jeslmjeslm member
    First Comment
    I'm new round these parts, so this could be fun :)

1. My life is parallelling a USA tv show- I went to law school, became an attorney, hated it, and became a mediator (who wears fabulous shoes).  It's not nearly as exciting as the show, but I love knowing I solve problems for a living instead of creating them.
    2. Last Christmas, completely by coincidence, FI and I got each other all gifts that start with K- he got me a Kindle and a Keurig, and I got him a kegerator.
    3. I love shows and books about outlaw motorcycle clubs, real and fake- right now I'm watching a show about ATF agents who infiltrated the Hell's Angels, and Sons of Anarchy is IMO one of the best shows on tv.
    4. FI and I have a cat, fish, and a cockatoo.  The cockatoo rules the house- he chases the cat regularly.
    5. Speaking of undercovers, for the few months I actually practiced law, I assisted on a few Federal criminal defense cases involving gang members, and I got to meet ATF agents who went undercover.  It was kinda awesome.
    6. I'm half Cuban, although no one believes me until I open my mouth and speak Spanish.
    7. I lost 45lbs three years ago and have kept it off ever since.
    8. I love framed photos- I have them all over the house, and I drive FI crazy because I keep adding to the collection.  We've only lived here together for a year and we're already running out of reasonable wall space.
    9. I have a serious shoe and clothing addiction, but I don't remember the last time I paid full price for any of it.
    10. My engagement ring is a three-stone style I always said I never wanted, but I absolutely love it and how it looks on my hand. Good thing FI did it all by himself :)
    11. We have a gun safe my best friend and I could both fit comfortably inside.  It took eight guys an hour to get it thirty feet inside the house.
    12. I have the worst kind of brown thumb- if it grows out of a pot, I will kill it inside of two weeks.
    13. I got fake nails once. I felt like I couldn't do anything with my hands for a week, so I tore them off and I haven't gotten them since and don't think I ever will again.  But my toenails are always painted.
    14. I've had tattoos on my feet for years.  My grandmother saw them for the first time about a year ago, and I convinced her that she'd seen them a million times and knew about them since day one so she wouldn't get mad at me. It worked.
    15. That same grandmother wants me to wear the veil my mother wore in her wedding to my father.  I refuse to because (1) mom and dad divorced and (2) it's hideous of a type of hideous that only existed circa 1982.
    16. Our wedding ceremony is going to be extremely traditional- a full Catholic mass and all.  Our first dance song? Swing Life Away by Rise Against.  The juxtaposition is perfectly us.
    17. When we first started dating, FI taught me how to shoot.  I went from being petrified of guns to being able to out shoot him and his two older brothers with everything from handguns to AR-15's. Much to his brothers' disappointment, I still refuse to go hunting with them.
    18. My best friend and I are going to take dance classes in the six months before the wedding (if not sooner) to get in shape.  Our classes of choice? Ballet, hip hop, and pole dancing.
    19. I haven't seen my natural hair color since I was 14.  I have, however, dyed my hair red, brown, orange, purple, green, blue, pink, blonde, and black.
    20. Show me a sad, neglected animal, and my heart breaks. This is how I ended up with my cat (my roommate found her at a shelter and fell in love even though she was mean as hell.  After a year, my roommate refused to take her, but she'd turned so sweet and loving I couldn't bear to send her back to the shelter, so I kept her) and the bird (his old owner got a dog, and he was so stressed he plucked himself bald.  I hate birds, so if he'd had all his feathers, chances are I wouldn't have given him a second look, but he looked so sad and cold all bald my heart melted for him).  I need to stay the hell away from shelters and the Petsmart adoption areas, or I'm liable to come home with a small army of needy critters.
  • Since I now actually have time to skim through these forums, I figure I'll join in with some of these things! ;)

1) While I have been out of work for a more traditional job for several years, I have been pet sitting and occasionally writing to help with general expenses. My Dad is kind enough to let me live with him without asking for rent while I go to college full time.

2) I am majoring in social work and plan on going on to graduate school for social work and law or political science.

3) I have been published on a major gaming blog (and paid for it), though I usually get paid for writing fan fiction. Who would have thought that would ever happen?

4) I would have never met my hubby to be if it weren't for a previous relationship. We met through WoW, and the previous relationship convinced me to move servers to be on the same server as him. We broke up, and I joined my now hubby to be's guild, and much to the dismay of several other girls, managed to win his affections (which really wasn't that hard. :P)

5) I have a cat named Georgie.

6) I adore vampires, but I absolutely loathe Young Adult fiction and most of the recent vampire books being written (no offense to anyone who does! I actually love the fact that it does get a lot of people who probably wouldn't read otherwise. :) ), with the exception of The Parasol Protectorate, but that is more steampunk than vampires.

7) I am very vocal about youth rights, especially in regards to mental health.

8) Fall is my favorite time of year.

9) I love costuming and garb. I like to find excuses to wear costumes. >.>;;

10) My future hubby and I watch the news like how other people watch sports.

11) I was born and raised in Connecticut, but I have lived all over the country.

12) The town hubby to be and I will be living in when we are able to move in together (about this time next year), and where he grew up, is major inspiration and mentioned in H.P. Lovecraft's short story “A Shadow Over Innsmouth”.

13) I am a Rennie, I've been going to Rennaisance Faires for over 15 years, which is more than half my life. >.>; Though this summer will be the first time I ever perform in a Ren Faire, as unscripted cast.

14) I have struggled with weight for the last 10 years, but I am finally heading on the right track and losing weight at a steady, slow pace.

15) I love a variety of music, but my favorites are industrial, goth, classical, and celtic.

16) Rather than wearing a traditional gown, I will likely be wearing a corset, blouse, and long skirt.

17) My favorite clothing accessories are mini top hats and goggles.

18) David Bowie and Nikola Tesla are my heroes, with Dorothea Dix my heroine.

19) My Dad built a house for Bill Murray when I was 3. We went over for a barbeque and he burnt the chicken. Also, my mother would not let him hold me.

20) I go to a karaoke night almost every Thursday, and when I do get the courage to sing, it is usually Paint It Black by the Rolling Stones.

Visit Gothic.weddings.com image "The death of a beautiful woman, is unquestionably the most poetical topic in the world. " - Poe
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards