October 2012 Weddings

Evening/Night Thread?

Is anyone around.  I feel like we haven't done one of these in a while.

How was everyone's week? 
What is your plan for NYE

Mine was great and productive  WR and NWR both because I was off for the whole thing.

Booked our DJ
Made a wedding website with hotel info on it
remade and reorder better/free STD's from VP which I wanted to AW but couldn't figure out how :(
Got more glass jars for our candy buffet

WR
cleaned/organized our house top to bottom!
oil changed
appointments that were over due made and completed
got the info for bridesmaid dresses to give to my other girls to see if they like it

I am pretty damn proud!

For NYE we will be staying home and drinking and enjoy my last day before going back to work doing nothing!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Evening/Night Thread?

• I'm here!

WR:
    Dress shopping tomorrow!
    I really should have called about blocking rooms.  I've been slacking on the wedding.

NWR:
    I've cleaned the whole house!
    I was on mission clean and organized closet, so 1 big goodwill bag and 2 trash bags later - I can see our closet floor!  We went to Ikea today and got a PAX closet system for half of the one wall.  I can't want to have drawers for my sweaters and storage space!

NYE I'll be riding in the tow truck with FI!
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Man I wish I had an IKEA closer to me! 
    Doesn't it feel great to have a clean house.  My MAJOR thing I wanted to get done was organize the kitchen cabinets which have stuff just thrown in.  This stemmed to cleaning the fridge which was super gross.   I chucked stuff from both places, none of it worth going to goodwill.  I have bags of clothes from myself and my mom to bring to a place called family services but they are never open and closed this week to shampoo the carpets!  what the heck.  The bags are starting to piss FI of because he has to lug them back and forth. I find it humorous bc I am not doing the work, lol

How is your weather in Maryland?  It has been georgeous here pretty muc all week.
  • I'm here too!! WR did some cake tastings (FI's favorite part haha) Did our menu tasting and finalized choices Finalized our save the date design! Found out about some problems with our hotel block but I think we figured things out Started researching rehearsal dinner places NWR cleaned up Christmas decorations With all the traveling for the holiday and running around for wedding stuff we've neglected the cleaning that needs to be done! Today we just wanted to relax and do nothing!! Our NYE plans are just to hang out, drink wine and maybe play some Wii :) And I love Ikea - we are fairly close to one but rarely go anymore.
  • Hello everyone!

My week was pretty good. We just got back from MI where FI's family is from. Our plane was delayed for 2 hours and we just got home a couple hours ago.

We haven't done anything WR since November. I need to get some stamps to mail out the STDs.

I haven't accomplished anything NWR either. I will be unpacking and cleaning tomorrow and Sunday. Hopefully this house will look good again soon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had a fairly boring week.

WR: Nothing. A friend of ours is making our Save the Dates, so we sent him the picture we want to use, but I can't remember if that was this week or last. Embarassed

NWR: We did a little bit of packing and organizing because we're moving on the 14th and we got a ton of stuff at Bed Bath and Beyond. We also went to a potluck at a friend's last night, which was a nice stress reliever.

We're having a low-key New Year's eve, probably staying home, but I'm going to the Mummer's Parade in Philly with my best friend on New Year's day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    October 2012 Siggy: The Dress
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
  • rbehm521- a little jealous you are going to the Mummer's parade!  Been to Philly 2x and was not able to get over the the Mummer's museum either time...love all those crazy costumes!  Have fun!

WR
    Last week one of my amethyst side stones come out of my E-ring and it had to be sent in for repair, FI & I decided to order my band at the same time since the e-ring would have to go in when the band would be ordered anyway to match the stones (getting amethyst in band as well).  Unexpected check!

With so much going on with the holidays I am hoping to get cleaned up and organized this weekend.

NYE
    FI & I and 2 other couples are going to dinner and dancing at a local pub.  We are both super exicted to have plans and it will be the 1st time we will be going out dancing together (something I haven't done since college!) Racing right home after the ball drops since FI has to be up at 6:30 am for work the next day
    Follow Me on Pinterest image

Weight Loss Journey Blog- Feel free to read if you like!updated 3/25/12 http://danaslapbandjourney.blogspot.com/
  • jnp-  I am so excited about menu tasting. we will be doing our rehearsal dinner at the same place so I am hoping we will be able to use this to pick the food that we want at both events.  My mom is making our cake and I asked her if we could do a tasting lol.  I was only kinda joking.

Pockets- delays suck! did you have fun with your families?

Rbehm-  is the mummer parade bagpipers?  that is what  I am imagining
  • kimm - We did have fun. It is so quiet here after being with all the nieces. I'm so glad to be home though. It is too cold up there for me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Kimm - Ikea is my favorite.  I used to be 10 mins away... so bad lol.  I'm 40 mins now.  Weather in MD is getting COLD, and it's been rainy...
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • I'm here, too!

WR
    • I ordered some rhinestone/beaded appliques to make some sashes for my BMs. They came in today! They're even prettier in person! Love the bling!
    • I registered myself for a bridal show next Sunday (1/8). I'm excited about that! We are still trying to find our DJ (we have talked to 1 but I kinda want to get other prices/info for a few others before deciding) and a cake baker (I had been conversing back and forth with one lady through emails but I haven't heard back from her in about a month, so that's sortof disappointing me).

NWR
    • I bought a cute illustrated version of "The Night Before Christmas" when FI and I went to Barnes & Noble on Wednesday. I love that poem but we don't actually have a copy of it and it was 50% off so I grabbed it!
    • FI and I & one of his friends moved a chair & a treadmill out of our apartment and took the chair to my mom's and the treadmill to my uncle's so that we could make room for the chaise lounge that FI got from another friend.
    • I went into work today (we've been closed since the 23rd!) to get some cleaning and organizing done before we go back on the 3rd.

For NYE, FI and I will be hanging out with his family, eating lots of yummy food and playing board/card games!

photo 8772_10102412474713255_135784916_n.jpg
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_eveningnight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:a17dc6e8-cd57-405f-a232-92b0cde74cf1Post:090ee4a9-158f-4a02-b5ba-5644c584ffac">Re: Evening/Night Thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rbehm-  is the mummer parade bagpipers?  that is what  I am imagining
    Posted by kimm260[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't think there are any bagpipes involved... just crazy costumes and lots of drinking!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    October 2012 Siggy: The Dress
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
  • This is way off topic....but a girl I went to school with and a soccer coach from my high school got married and are on divorce court. omg. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_eveningnight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:a17dc6e8-cd57-405f-a232-92b0cde74cf1Post:dea1d2fc-d741-4366-bf6b-685cd14497b5">Re: Evening/Night Thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is way off topic....but a girl I went to school with and a soccer coach from my high school got married and are on divorce court. omg. 
    Posted by Cecelie86[/QUOTE]

<div>Wow. Lol</div><div>
    </div><div>WR</div><div>Booked photographer</div><div>Booked DJ</div><div>Bought linens</div><div>Bought bridal sash piece</div><div>Bought some vases, vase filler, LED submersible lights, and peacock feathers for reception decor.</div><div>Started looking into hair and makeup artists</div><div>Re-worked our budget</div><div>
    </div><div>NWR</div><div>Worked on our couch - reupholstering it because FI daughter wrote on it with a sharpie :/</div><div>FI cleaned just about the whole house today - nice surprise to come home to after working all day :)</div><div>Started working out and dieting - blah</div><div>
    </div><div>Even though it sounds like I've done a lot, I've been incredibly lazy most of the week.  FI and I played hookie from work Tuesday and Wednesday and just laid on the couch and watched almost two seasons of Sons of Anarchy.  It was awesome!!</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>As for New Years, I am actually looking forward to it this year.  My family is having a big party at my aunts house and they will be serving menudo (a Mexican soup if some of you haven't heard of it), hired a DJ, and kind of going all out.  Then we will head over to a house party with a lot of our friends.  I've already picked out my outfit and have a plan for hair and makeup.  I love dressing up and I haven't had a chance to do it in a while, so it will be nice to spend some time beautifying myself :)</div>
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards