Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

NWR: Favorite Recipes

The last post got me thinking... I know people share recipes and weekly menus on The Nest, but I'm not on those boards.  So what are your favorite go-to recipes for the week?  What do you make regularly, what's quick and easy, etc?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NWR: Favorite Recipes

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our basic go-to dinner is to get some fresh fish from the seafood counter, cook it on the foreman, and side it sweet potato and steamed veggies.  But... some others include fake meat tacos, grilled chicken parm and veggie/tofu stirfry.

On Sundays I try to find a new recipe to try, or make a favorite that is a little more time consuming and hearty, like sloppy joes, meatball subs or chicken pot pie.

But I'm also looking for weeknight dinners that are quick and easy!  So spill!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sausage peppers and onions. If you buy fresh peppers and onions it is a little more time consuming because you have to cut them up. I buy a frozen mix of peppers and onions for when I don't have the time to prep.

Before I started working weekends I would make a pot of sauce on Sunday for dinner then have the left overs one night during the week.

• Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha cara we have similar go tos!- Any type of stir fry...throw in veggies and chicken or tofu or potatos...I could make a stir fry out of anything
    Or I make some type of salmon which is usually easy and the chicken parm is also on our list.

Here's a recipe you might like! It's for Caramel Apple Pork Chops---It's really easy and sooo tatsy! I made it for the first time last week and FI was really impressed (i'm not the best cook haha)

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Caramel-Apple-Pork-Chops/Detail.aspx
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI is a little picky (he'll eat a variety of different foods, but doesnt like to "experiment" with new meals) so I cook a lot of what you mentioned (stir-fry, tacos, chicken parm, etc).  I could eat chicken every day of the week, so I'll make thai chicken curry, chicken pad thai, quesadillas, rotisserie chicken for the whole week (made on the weekend so it can roast) and just regular seasoned/grilled/fried chicken breast with sides or put on a bun for a sandwitch.  For FI, I have to mix in some red meat, so I make burgers (rarely), marinated flank steak or london broil and occasionally filet.  We also mix in broiled fish and shellfish.  Sometimes we're just happy with breakfast foods for dinner :)

I've found a lot of recipes that I love online at the foodnetwork.com or allrecipes.com.  Some of them (*cough*pauladeen*cough*) aren't very healthy, but I just get the general idea/ingredients and make substitutes.  Cooking is MUCH easier than baking because you can fool around with the recipe as much as you want!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all! Its good to see what people make.  Of course tonight we'll be doing frozen meals, haha. We do it about once a week, usually when I come home late from spin class or something.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards