Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Back in London

I didn't get anything out of the airline yet for my flight getting canceled.  I was in the bulkhead and both of the people next to me were upgraded during the flight!  But not me, sad.  

I take a cab on with my luggage and go through central London, we went past the Palace and Westminster Abby, it's a mess already and the wedding is a week away!  Streets are already closed, there were wall to wall people at both the palace and the Abby.  The gates around the Abby were closed and it doesn't seem you can get in, sucks if you are a tourist!  

The crowd control gates are on the sidewalks already and of you are on the streets the day of the wedding I really don't see how you will see anything.  They are set so far back from the Abby.  

It was very interesting though.  

FI and I are going into Central London tomorrow so I will be on foot and see more.  It's a four day weekend this weekend and next weekend, for Easter, then the Wedding and May bank holiday.  

Also the weather was beautiful the whole time I was gone and I had that crap weather in Philadelphia!  Basically I missed summer, knowing England.  

Re: Back in London

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad you made it home safe and I hope you get something from the airline.

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad you finally got back safe and sound!  I have to admit, I wasn't all about the royal wedding, but now that it's getting closer, I'm getting more and more interested about it.

Dude... 36 days.  Cah. rayzee.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_back-london?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:35d1d1a3-6a27-4808-8e24-9df3381b70c1Post:3ac662c7-d621-4209-b4ba-b9b19202cb07">Re: Back in London</a>:
    [QUOTE] Dude... 36 days.  Cah. rayzee.
    Posted by Amerbutt81[/QUOTE]

<div>I started here with over 600 days, then we pushed our date back a year!  So yeah, insane.  </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Um, that is not me in my avatar.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Crazy Knot is being crazy. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back NCV. The weather has been gorgeous so yep, you missed summer. LOL! No, it's supposed to still be nice for the next few days.
    We drove today to TM Lewin because we needed to return some shirts. BIG mistake!
    Welcome back!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also--glad you're back safe and sound.  I was worried about your flight craziness.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad you got back safely!  Enjoy the royal craziness for the next week.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It will be so nice next week. Too bad you won't be here then. Glad you are home safe!
  • Options
    Cackle6Cackle6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was really great to meet you! Glad to hear you got home safe, although that stinks about the airline not giving you anything for getting canceled. Hopefully they will get their act together.

If you have time to spare in June, I would love to get together when we're there! Good luck with your last month of planning, and if you need any help when you get back, I'd be more than happy to help! (I'm living vicariously through other people's weddings to tide me over, heh) Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards