Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

NWR: Reunions

Anyone else have a reunion today?  I have my 10 year HS tonight.  I still don't know if I'm going.  I feel like anyone I want to see from HS I already do.  I'm also thinking though that I"m a newlywed with a tan so maybe I'll feel like attending this one. 

What are your thoughts on reunions?
Photobucket

Re: NWR: Reunions

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't go to mine because it was right before I moved to England and I wanted to see friends of mine and not a class I wasn't really close with.  

FI really wants to go with me to my next one.  They don't do them here, he thinks it will be great.   People love him and his accent in the US so maybe I'll go.  
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's nice that your FI wants to go with you.  I feel like I'll be dragging DH to mine.  He says he'll go but I know he's not excited about it.  I missed my 5 year reunion b/c his 10 year was the same night.  I think that's why he's making this easy on me.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My 10 year was last November.

I didn't go because it was $55 a person for a cash bar and appetitizers.  What can I say, I'm cheap.

Seriously though, I could justify the price especially since I have reconnected with a lot of high school people via Facebook.  I might go to the next one in 10 years.  I dunno.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is expensive!  What did the $55 go to?  Where was it?  You could at least get 3 drinks or something?  Redic.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't go to mine, I wasn't a fan of my school. and it was in a bar... the school did not plan it, the class president did.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to my 10 year, which I guess was 3 years ago.  It was right before I really got active on FB, so there were a lot of people that I could genuinely catch up with.  It was interesting though.....everyone split off into the same cliques as high school.  haha
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    NVC, it was held at the Buck Hotel in Festerville.  I don't know what the hell the $55 went towards-- the food and rental of the room?  I don't know.

JEGs' reunion was the week before mine.  Held at a bar in Manayunk that was $35 pp and a two hour open bar.  I was all "Can't we go to yours?  I can drink $35 worth of alcohol in two hours."
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ours was at Red something in Old City.  I think it was around $50 for 2 hrs of open bar and some random food.

DH's reunions are always at the Buck.  In fact, many of his people were there on Wednesday night.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine was a few years ago, and I did not go because I was out of town.  This was also before FB started getting super popular, so I could have used it to catch up with people - so I possibly may have gone if I were around... however now, literally every person I graduated with is on FB.  So if I had a reunion tommorow, I would not really see the need in going.  
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is organized by people in the class and it's just at a bar.  I'm starting to really not want to go and DH is catching a cold and being cranky so that's not helping.  I wish he would encourage me to want to go.  I didn't like high school til junior or senior year and most of my friends were in the grade behind me.  I'm really only going to hang out with my BFF and her bf.  I guess we could do that anytime but since it was organized, it's easier to get together with her. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My 10 year is in 2012... so I still have time.  But my class did a 5 year?  Why?  We just left.  5 years is too soon, A of all.  B of all, they held it in MACUNGIE which is 40+ minutes from where I went to high school... and it was at a ski resort?  Which you know, would be really nice if it hadn't been for the fact that one of our classmates had a horrific skiing accident and now has amnesia.  ::facepalm::
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    5 year is usually first of the reunions then comes 10 and then 20.  THat's weird they had it so far away.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    uhhh I went to my gradeschool 10 year in the spring ;) I feel like sucha baby!
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Me too, Nicole! My 10 year grade school reunion was over the summer.
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards