October 2012 Weddings
Options

Interesting Article on Bridesmaid Costs

Saw this article on CNN this morning. Since I'm in 3 weddings before my own (one just 3 weeks before!) it caught my eye.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/LIVING/06/30/bridesmaids.cost/index.html?&hpt=hp_c2

So out of curiosity..

How many times have you been a bridesmaid?
Have you ever turned it down?
How much do you feel like you spend when your a maid?
How much do you expected YOUR bridesmaids to spend?

As for me..
I've only been a bridesmaid once up until now, due to a sudden increase in weddings in my life I'll be it in my upcoming sister in laws, and two friends in the next year.

Never turned it down...however if my brother's FI gets some crazy idea that I'll be in hers I may have to. Not real fond of her.

It's varying on the upcoming weddings. The first one I can pick my own dress but she's expecting us to all pay for the hairstylist and manicures that are being brought in the day of. The hotel rooms at her venue also run about $300 a night so it isn't going to be cheap. And we haven't even started planning the shower for that yet.

I'm hoping to keep my bridesmaids costs minimal since they already need to travel so we've found a veneu where we've paid for two nights of accomadations for all our wedding party. The dresses I've found are simple sun dresses and run about $50. The one expense is I want my girls to all wear cowboy boots. I'm hoping to acquire enough pairs to "lend out" for photos and save them that cost as well.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
October 13, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards