October 2012 Weddings

NWR I feel like I am in college again

I got home from work, FH sleeping, FIL brought over leftover ham (IDK what time it was here and he left it out on the counter, yuck)

So I am eating ramen noodles. I dont know where they came from or how long they have been in my pantry but they taste awesome lol. I have not ate them in years, probably since I was in college. I can feel my hips getting wider as I speak lol.
Photobucket invite1

Re: NWR I feel like I am in college again

• good old ramen.. i ate it all the time in high school..
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary
  • Ramen is my FI's favorite food. He loves to cook, but we'd have it every night if he had his way. I always forget how good it is, so I don't mind it too much. But it's probably not the healthiest option, you're right. Hey, tis the season, though, right?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • The thought of ramen brings me right back to college! Usually my friends and I made it when we got back from the bar....haven't had it in years.
    Follow Me on Pinterest image

Weight Loss Journey Blog- Feel free to read if you like!updated 3/25/12 http://danaslapbandjourney.blogspot.com/
  • I am almost embarrased to say that I do eat it on occasion.  After almost every time I feel it I start to feel sick, but I must forget because it doesn't stop me from getting it again.  FI has NEVER had it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • minionloverminionlover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I joke that the only thing that we are going to eat until the wedding is ramen noodles!!  I love them everyone in a while.  I have actually used them to make an Asian salad.  You use the seasoning in the dressing and crunch the noodles up for a topping.  Yummy!!
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I used to live off ramen. I'd probably eat it everyday (or alternate with pizza) if I could. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    October 2012 Siggy: The Dress
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
  • Cathy that aisian salad stuff is good!

I haven't had ramen in at least a year... I am not that far from having lived in a dorm room, lol. We used to have it all the time at home when we were younger because it was something us kids could easily make. We had to fend for ourselves a lot.

I never realized this until a few years ago, but we have always made it and then drained off the water... but the package doesn't actually tell you to do that. You're supposed to make broth with the seasoning packet I guess? Oops. That's what I get for learning to make ramen at 8, lol.
  • Ah yes so college!  I am  a little ashamed to admit this but i used to cook ramen in my coffee maker in my dorm room as I didn't have any other heating device!  To this day my roomate makes fun of me for that. 
  • LOL. I like it from time to time, I like to add a few splashes of tabasco to give it a little kick. My FI hates it, but I keep it in the cupboard for a quick lunch or dinner when he isn't home. 
    October '12
    ~MARRIED 10.11.12~
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_nwr-feel-like-am-college-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:f573c5cf-ba5d-41e3-b73f-955f227efd25Post:abf9c7da-7035-46d0-8a0d-1fa1b459a842">Re: NWR I feel like I am in college again</a>:
    [QUOTE] I never realized this until a few years ago, but we have always made it and then drained off the water... but the package doesn't actually tell you to do that. You're supposed to make broth with the seasoning packet I guess? Oops. That's what I get for learning to make ramen at 8, lol.
    Posted by lepoissonrouge[/QUOTE]
     Haha I used to do the same thing when I was a kid. And actually I still did it in college too... Occasionally I'll keep the broth now though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    October 2012 Siggy: The Dress
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards