October 2012 Weddings

The dress!! It fits!!

Those of you who have been watching my signature may have figured out that I'm in the middle of a pretty significant weight loss journey right now. My goal was to order, and wear, a dress two sizes smaller than the day I first tried it on. I got brave when I ordered my dress, because I had only dropped one size, and ordered it a size down from what I was wearing that day in the hopes that I'd continue my success and fit into it.

Two months later, I finally hit my next milestone, the reward for which was to try on my dress. This is the first time I've gotten it out of the bag it came from David's in!

In May 2011, the first time I went dress shopping, I wore a size 20. When I went shopping again at the end of January, after dropping 18 lbs, I wore a size 18.

Today, with 33 lbs less of me, I fit perfectly into a size 16 dress.

May 29, 2011: 233 lbs, size 20

April 30, 2012: 200 lbs, size 16

I still have plenty of time if I need to reorder it smaller. Right now it fits just right and wouldn't need any alterations. If I lose another 10-15 lbs (which I'm hoping to) in the next 2 months, I will be reordering it as *gasp* a size 14.

Photobucket
Anniversary
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: The dress!! It fits!!

• NMINMI member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    You look stunning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker86 Invited image
    57 Aye!Will be in port! image
    16 Nay,be out to sea. image
    13 Are floundering! image
  • looks great, congrats on your success!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary
  • LOOKS Wonderful!!  :)
    Best Wishes, Melissa Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats!!You look fantastic!

I am going through the same thing right now.  When I first tried on my dress it was a 16W when I went back 2 months later I was able to order it 3 sizes smaller.  I have another 50 lbs to go and I'm hoping I get to exchange the dress for a smaller size!  Amazing feeling isn't it??!!
    Follow Me on Pinterest image

Weight Loss Journey Blog- Feel free to read if you like!updated 3/25/12 http://danaslapbandjourney.blogspot.com/
  • This is awesome!

I ordered my dress 1 size down since everything fit but the hips - 1 freaking inch.  I'm hoping my hard work pays off when it fits! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • aimee58aimee58 member
    First Comment
    That's amazing!! Congratulations!!

FI just started a diet and even though I'm not following it as closely as he is, I'm still dropping some weight and starting to worry about my dress being too big.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow! That really is amazing, and you can see a huge difference! I lost 30 lbs last year and its such an amazing feeling, especially when its for your wedding! Good luck with the rest of your journey!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Congratulations! That is awesome, and something you should be so proud of! You look amazing!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You look amazing!!  Congrats!!
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Congrats, you look great! If you think the dress would only need to be taken in a size, it would probably be cheaper just to have alterations done instead of paying for a whole new dress.
    Anniversary
  • Congrats!! You should be so proud of yourself. Keep up the hard work!!!
    weddingpic
  • In Response to Re:The dress!! It fits!!:[QUOTE]Congrats, you look great!nbsp;If you think the dress would only need to be taken in a size, it would probably be cheaper just to have alterations done instead of paying for a whole new dress. Posted by achiduck[/QUOTE]

I wonder about this, myself. If she's exchanging the dress for the same one in a different size before having any alterations done, it might not incur any extra cost. Some bridal places have pretty liberal exchange policies. I've been thinking about doing the same with my dress, if possible, since I chickened out and ordered the larger of two sizes that both fit, and have since lost weight. I'll have to ask DB about it.
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • Awesome job!!! Congrats!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congratulations! You look AMAZING!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • wow! you look incredible and that dress is stunning! love the sparkles. keep up the great work! you are an INSPIRATION!
    Wedding items for sale! Check out our website:

http://www.reyestoy.weebly.com

Photobucket

Anniversary

• Congratulations! You look fantastic.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • Thank you everyone for the kind and encouraging words!! I feel like I'm a whole different me from a year ago. I'm a roller coaster enthusiast and I was getting to the point I was almost too big for some of my favorite rides, and many were getting to be an uncomfortable squeeze. It's been a lot of fun so far this park season in getting to try my new size in rides and having tons of room to spare in the restraints and being able to ride comfortably again. Can't wait until Cedar Point opens up in two weeks and I get to see how I fit into Millennium Force - which I BARELY squeezed into this past October.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_the-dress-it-fits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:f840a1f8-e651-425c-a808-332b2f3c2f28Post:f952a00d-371f-4227-a3d8-0a3fb1545f9d">Re:The dress!! It fits!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:The dress!! It fits!!: I wonder about this, myself. If she's exchanging the dress for the same one in a different size before having any alterations done, it might not incur any extra cost. Some bridal places have pretty liberal exchange policies. I've been thinking about doing the same with my dress, if possible, since I chickened out and ordered the larger of two sizes that both fit, and have since lost weight. I'll have to ask DB about it.
    Posted by pockysquirrel[/QUOTE]

My dress is from David's and they do have a very liberal exchange policy. As long as there are no alterations and I'm exchanging it for the exact same style, there is no charge. So if I drop enough to go down a size, it will be far cheaper to reorder than to alter. I'm hoping to avoid needing any alterations besides a bustle.
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • You look great!  Keep up the hard work and I am sure it will pay off even more for you!  Beautiful dress and it looks awesome on you!
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Congrats! You look wonderful!
    photo 8772_10102412474713255_135784916_n.jpg
  • You look great! Congrats! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    271 Invited image
    186 Are ready to PARTY! image
    85 Can't make it image
    0 Have me stalking the mailbox! image
  • Awesome job, I just lost 22lbs myself and my dress is big. It was hard work but so worth it. Good luck on getting to your goal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards