Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Wow - how much did this wedding run them?

I had never checked out Philip Gabriels blog, but did so after the post below about him ... and that led me to this blog entry.  This wedding is NUTS - I mean, in a good way .. amazing.  I can't even begin to imagine how much this cost them:

Re: Wow - how much did this wedding run them?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That reception decor is rediculous.  Gorgeous.

And how friggin cute is her wedding gown?  I could never pull it off, but its very cute.
  • Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    omg! GORGEOUS!!! I love all the decor. And that chuppa was amazing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW!!! That party seemed to go on forever too! I love both of her dresses. So pretty.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yowza! Amazing- this photog has done some SERIOUS weddings, I am guessing he is pretty pricey judging by the weddings he's done.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The decor is beautiful! Her party dress is awesome!

It reminds my of something that would be on My Fair Wedding. I wouldn't be able to think that up on my own!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Gorgeous!!!! I love her first dress. The chuppah is amazing and the decor is to die for.  Looks like a fabulous wedding and like they all had a blast. Pretty bride.

But yeah, the linens alone probably cost more than 10K.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful! I'm in love with her dress(es)! And the reception decor is outrageous.
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it cost more then JEGs and I made in a year.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Holy moly. And what an attractive couple!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amer - I'm going to up that and say it cost more than DH and I make in two years!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This wedding was no more expensive than the Crystal Tea Room or any other nice philly location and Philips work is good but nothing to brag about.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful wedding.  So, uh, strongwilled, what photographers do you think are something to write home about?  Care to post them here as recommends for some ladies who might be looking?
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I loled at LRM's post.

I for one am in love with Gabe's work, Philip his father retired after the 2008 season.

So SW, what photographers do you write home about, since I am looking for one and all

image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You think that wedding was the same cost as other city weddings?   Really?   The girl had 2 most likely couture gowns, 2 bands, her Chuppah alone probably was 5k in flowers, she had her own entertainment event company hired to plan the wedding, etc.. I wouldnt call that run of the mill.  And the photos are amazing .. but clearly we all know nothing about costs of weddings.
  • Options
    angel33284angel33284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Renting a space and decorating it is a lot less expensive than booking a reception hall in Philadelphia. My guess is it's about 2/3 the cost per person of Cescaphe, but much more unique. She probably saved a ton of money by bringing in her own booze and hiring bar tenders, because she can return what she don't use. A typical reception hall you are paying for people to drink even if they don't drink.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you angel. You can do a lot with a little budget. In fact, you can rent the naval shipyard for free to do an engagement shoot in. I actually looked to have Laura shoot ours in there ironically.
  • Options
    ahartman1013ahartman1013 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow that is amazing! I am in love with the bridesmaid dresses too- anyone have any idea who they are by?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW!!! Everything looks amazing there... Looks as if it was a "Moneys nothing for my little girls happiness" Kinda of wedding. Looks amazing!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards