Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Grooms Cake

One of my friends has generously offered to do a groom's cake for Gzilla.  She made his birthday cake (when we got engaged), and she's one of Gzilla's favorite people, so he's really excited.  But the question is...
Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog

Re: Grooms Cake

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would say rehersal dinner. You will already have a cake at the reception and maybe some other desserts as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We'll be doing ours at the reception (I think... if we end up doing it) or the party we're having after the party.

No, not a tiered reception- everyone who was invited to the original reception is invited to the 'after-party'. I swear.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I did one it would have been at the RD, the only thing is, at the reception you will get pictures of it etc. so it depends what you want. We had a huge dessert table along with our cake, so for us it wouldn't have made sense. But if you get like vanilla/etc. cake, grooms could be chocolate and you could serve both at the wedding.
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've only ever seen them at rehearsal dinners.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've seen it both ways... and I know the trend now is rehearsal dinner, which is what we were leaning towards.  But I just wanted other opinions :) 

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We aren't having other desserts.  Cake is it. 

Our wedding cake is going to be vanilla, and most likely the grooms cake would be chocolate.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    LadybugBride3LadybugBride3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the GC at the RD.  We didn't have any other dessert at the wedding other than the wedding cake.  Neither of us are big dessert people and figured most people would be up and dancing at the reception so we didn't make dessert a priority.

image 247 Invited so far!
    image 170 Are ready to party!
    image 35 Will be missing out!
    image 42 Are MIA!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having his at the reception.  However his is made of cheese, not cheesecake, but cheese.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did a small cake at the RD and big cake at the reception because I couldn't make up my mind.  The cake at the reception was uncut and they sent the entire thing home with us... the people leaving in 3 days for our HM.  Needless to say, the almost $300 cake was mostly trashed.

If you don't feel the need to AW the grooms cake for everyone, then just have it at the rehearsal so you know it won't get overlooked.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My aunt made the grooms cake for me. She was driving up from Delaware so she just brought it to the reception since she would not be at the RD.

Like MH, the whole cake came home with us!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards