DC
Options

2 semi-wedding related questions

First, I'd like to say that I'm not a bride. But, I have two questions that are bothering me.First one: I buy a lot of wedding magazines because I like them and  I help out a friend who is a wedding planner sometimes, so we use those to brainstorm. Anyway, I have the Washingtonian wedding magazine that I bought a few months ago. Friday, I was in Borders and saw the Washingtonian wedding magazine with a different cover then the most current one I have. I bought it and started looking thru it and realized I'd read all of it already. So, what they did was put the magazine out again with a different cover. Is that shady on their part? Or is it dumb on my part for just looking at the cover and not at the dates?Second question is more of a rant. My friend is a wedding planner. I assist her some days. Yesterday we did a wedding where the photographer showed up an hour late. The reception had an open bar (but, it was consumption). Us, as vendors got to sit down in a separate part of the restaurant and have lunch while everyone at the wedding was eating. The photographer and her assistant both ordered a glass of wine from the wedding couple's bar. Does anyone else think that is highly inappropriate? So the photographer and her assistant are not only being paid, getting a great meal (we ate what everyone at the reception ate), they were so late that the whole day's schedule got pushed back majorly, they drank on the job and on their client's dime AND sat and ate a leisurely lunch when great pictures could have been taken of the guests enjoying their meal at their tables. It was so frustrating!! Sorry for this being so long, I just had to get it off my chest.

Re: 2 semi-wedding related questions

• Options
    armlb81armlb81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, yes, that's highly inappropriate for a photographer to drink on the job, and being an hour late is inexcusable, unless there was like, a 20 car pile up on the beltway. Was this in the DC area? I'm curious who this photographer was. Your friend should encourage the bride to leave reviews on weddingwire, and other websites. Other brides need to know when vendors act in an inappropriate manner.
  • Options
    tabithal1127tabithal1127 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok. Im glad Im not the only one who saw that washingtonian magazine and was irritated. Unfortunatly I bought it not looking through it and $6 bucks later I realized at home it was a total duplicate. I dont get it, but i think it was such a sham. and I would post who the photog was bc brides have a right to know what they are getting themselves into. I hope that you both told the bride so that they didnt extra tip him or anything.
  • Options
    Vagirl1284Vagirl1284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The magazine issue just irks me!As for the name of the photographer, I'm not really comfortable putting it out there. I haven't seen her work, she may be amazing for all I know. All the information was told to the bride and it was strongly suggested that she post a review on wedding wire.
  • Options
    tracy_ktracy_k member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do think it's inappropriate and inexcusable for the photographer to be late, absolutely. But the glass of wine doesn't necessarily bother me, the couple could have invited their vendors to have a drink if they like. One glass of wine isn't going to keep a photographer from performing her duties. Obviously, if she wasn't invited to help herself to the bar, that would be highly inappropriate as well.Also, photographers rarely (if ever) photograph guests during the dinner service. Not only would the photos be boring, but nobody likes to be photographed while they're eating.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards