July 2012 Weddings
Options

Color Dilemma.....

So I went with my bridesmaids this afternoon to pick out dresses. I originally thought that I wanted a red for my color, but my girlfriends all tried on a navy color satin dress and I LOVED it. Here's the issue.......My  mom bought her MOB dress the same day I bought my wedding dress and the color is a navy, but with a shiny/iradescent element to it. What do you think? I don't know what to do. The only reason I didn't want to go with the navy color was b/c my mom picked her dress already and has it. What are your thoughts?

Anything will help. I'm upset about this and I feel horrible. I don't want to upset my mom and more her feel bad. Her dress is THE dress for her. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Color Dilemma.....

• Options
    My bridesmaids are wearing navy, and I suggested a purple to my mom, but if she found a navy dress that looked amazing on her that she wanted to wear I wouldn't care. At my brothers wedding the bridesmaids wore black and actually I think pretty much every female in my family as well as his wife's mom and my mom all wore black as well. I don't think anyone cared or thought that we were members of the wedding party.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Untitled
    image 218 Invited image 130 Are ready to party!! image 79 Are missing out. :(image 10 Are making me wait. :(
  • Options
    Do you have a picture of the two dresses? Would the color being the same as your mom's be a big issue for her? Because no one says she has to change dresses at all. If the dress styles aren't too similar I wouldn't worry about it. Plus there are soo many things you can do to make the same color dresses less noticeable.

For starters, bouquets! You can get flowers for your girls in colors that will contrast your mom's accessories, corsage etc. One same color put against different colors changes the way the it looks. You can also check that your mom and your BMs get completely different accesories. You could put colored jewely, shoes on your BMs and maybe neutrals for your mom. Sashes for the dresses (either mom or BMs) could help as well and maybe even a nice light shawl/ wrap to help both parties look different. For pictures you can even have them stand opposite sides of each other if you think it'll help them not blend in together. You and your WP have got lots of options, it'll be fine :)
  • Options
    Oh I don't think that it will be a problem. I mean the only time people will actually see the similarities are in pictures IF your mom is in the pictures with the BMs (which I doubt there will be a lot of anyway).

Your mom can wear a corsage too and your BMs will have bouquets!

Maybe you can have your BMs wear a sash or have different color(s) added on the dress (or it can be done on your mom's dress).
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry about the navy either.  My cousin did navy for her BMs and her mom also wore navy.  It looked fine, especially since they were different dresses :)
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about it.  I'd ask your mom if anything since you seem concerned she will mind and go from there.  I think the bouquets and jewlery/shoes will set them all apart in pictures.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards