Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Confessions

Re: Confessions

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I hate when the kids parents give her stupid things to sleep with.... like THIS.....

WHY would you give her THAT to sleep with?? It is just as big as her, and it is hard, and it is a distraction. She didn't go to sleep until 10.. why? Cuz you give her stupid things to sleep with. Then she wakes up at 8. (2 hours less sleep) She begins to play with it and won't let me take her out of the bed.  It is bad enough that she gets obsessed with other things, lets just add to the list.... she already has 5 other things she MUST HAVE before she goes to sleep. I will NOT give this to her for nap

I know this seems so dumb to most of you but it is just annoying. They do all kinds of weird things. Most people have to worry about the nanny doing odd things and not right things. Well it is the opposite here. Ugh. So now I get to hear that loud popping all day. God help me. And I have to fight her to eat breakfast now.

• Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually saw on an episode of Super Nanny about having too many distractions in the bed and/or room for children to sleep.  The parents had one of those musical aquariums going, a night lights, 2349873975 toys and a crap ton of binkies in the bed with the kid.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That binkie is just ridic too. I took it for naptime. They just need to get rid of it for bedtime. She is over 2 now, she should not have them. It is bad for her teeth.... but as long as I got rid of it when she is with me that's all I care about for now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I love TK classifieds! I put my flutes and server set on there last night and within one hour I got an email! I am so excited they are being sold. (that was a AW and confession haha)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    (this is more of a vent)I hate the US Postal system! I brought 5 invites with me this week to be weighed and measured (just to make sure they were all the same). They told me it would be .61 cents plus and additional .20 cents since they are square( =.81 cents). I put 2- .44 cent stamps on them =.88 cents. I received one back last night that said "return to sender- needs addition .17 cent postage.
    How does that work? I stopped by the post office this morning on my way into work and asked the clerk about it. She said that it is just borderline needing extra postage and they let them slide but if the other post office is saying that it needs extra postage, I need to add it or it wont go through. I took them in to make sure I was getting the right postage. Why would you let something slide if other post offices wont. I'm just wondering how many more will be returned.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Confession:  I already have a mood board for a formal living room and guest room for a house I don't own.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    JIY- That is so ridic. I would be livid. I really hope no more come back to you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_confessions-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:3d9253c9-59a0-4558-8f30-8e622cbcec49Post:497f297d-eb70-4470-be90-fa549d24d22d">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]JIY- That is so ridic. I would be livid. I really hope no more come back to you.
    Posted by Bride_to_be_2011[/QUOTE]
    I am livid!
    I've talked to a few people (mom, sister and FI's mom/brother) and they have all received theirs - so hopefully the majority of them went through!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    jenny - that is super annoying! Good luck with the rest of them - sending positive vibes your way.

Amer - What's a mood board? Am I just dumb?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jenny - I'm right there with you. On hating the USPS. And we can add UPS to that list too - since they're blithering idiots and can never deliver to our house - mind you you can't miss our house - especially after we give directions and say it's right across the street from the house you conveniently deliver to all the time!

Plus our post office (very small), has the crabbiest woman in the world - I loathe the day I have to go there to send out invitations...I'm not sure the DMV would take her - she's really terrible.
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amer - I also don't know what a mood board is.

JIY - That sucks!!! Hopefully everyone else got theirs.  Boooo USPS. :-(

I can't think of any confessions right now, but I'm sure one will come to me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also do not know what a mood board is.

JIY- I really hope that all of them go through. That is ridic that they have an upcharge on the square invites. This is why I am not doing square. I wonder when they even made that change?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    a mood board is a collage of ideas and/or inspirations that you want to use for something.  YOu'll see them all the time for rooms

and weddings
    www.younghouselove.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/ccgreenweddingmoodboard.jpg" alt="" width="484" height="484" />
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh it's like an inspiration board, but for a room, not a wedding haha! :)  Thanks for explaining. I guess you are doing this because you are going through wedding withdrawl ;) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    B2B - I knew about the .20 cent upcharge. I had no problem paying it. But when they measured them, apparently they were right on the border of an additional charge which I would have been happy to pay, if I knew about it. They decided to just put them through. I was told that depending on the individual post office where they are being delivered- some may let it slide, some may send them back to us for additional postage, and some may keep them there for the recipient to pay the additional postage. The last one is what has me furious!!!! There is no way I want my guests to have to pay the additional .17 cents to get their invite. That is embarrassing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea I figured you knew about the 20 cents. I think the post office that let them go through should take care of the additional money. It is their stupidity that they let it go through.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely AW more then confession: 1st anniversary is tomorrow!  Whoooo.

Also, I confess that I am in total wedding withdrawl now if I wasn't before and have been obnoxiusly trying to help a friend plan their wedding all week :P
  • Options
    edited December 2011

And, to add to it, if more do get returned, it's not like I can just add additional postage and mail it out like nothing happened. There is a big red ink mark with a hand pointing to the postage that they put on it, so people will know that they were returned.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    JIY- I was thinking the same. And if you had them addressed by a calligrapher, that would suck even more.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Confession: I just ate a freaking cupcake.  I have no self-control. 

I'll be running it off later.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess I just had to explain to my mother that  photos of my dress taken at the start of the day were more important to me than people sweaty and gross dancing at the end of the reception.  And that since I was paying for the photographer, she needed to back the F off about it (or pony up money for an additional hour of coverage).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Go Cara!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What time is your photog leaving? This was a bit of an issue with us too.  I have her coming at noon for bridal prep and leaving at 10pm, even though our reception doesn't end until midnight.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Alright Cara!  You tell her!
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  We have 8 hours of coverage, so we're having him arrive at 4pm at the venue, same time that we arrive and start getting ready.  We're doing ALL photos before the ketubah signing/ceremony.  The reception goes from 9-1, but the photog will leave at 12.  I am making sure the bandleader and DOC know that everything "special" needs to happen before 12am.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess I like to lurk on TK but won't post there because I am so far from the wedding and would feel silly posting there.
  • Options
    dch167dch167 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I am going to  Jersey Shore theme party tonight and I am pretty excited!  I will be sporting leapoard print and spandx (more jerseylicious clothing than NJ shore) a large bumpit and of course lots of bronzer and gaudy jewelry!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess I DVR Jersey Shore at work so I can watch it during naptime. I confess that is what I am watching now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_confessions-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:3d9253c9-59a0-4558-8f30-8e622cbcec49Post:0eefeb5b-c4f6-4fc0-a2ae-6e1bfcdc026e">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I am going to  Jersey Shore theme party tonight and I am pretty excited!  I will be sporting leapoard print and spandx (more jerseylicious clothing than NJ shore) a large bumpit and of course lots of bronzer and gaudy jewelry!
    Posted by dch167[/QUOTE]

I gotta see pics of this!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I am hatin' on Nicole858's red shoes!!!  I have been looking for months and... NOTHING!  Need a cute shoe w/a 2 in heel and they just don't exist!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards