Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

NWR: Bigtime knottie vibes needed....

It's a very long story, but Colin and I will be putting in an offer on a house tomrorrow.  We are ffering a fair price for the hous and then some, but the seller wants more than what the house is worth (which is silly on many levels) so there is a somewhat good chance that our very strong offer may be rejected. 

We are in love with the house - it is in many ways our dream home at this point in our lives. 

Please, please, please send good knottie vibes/prayers/thoughts/offerings to the gods/crossed fingers our way.  We really need it.  It has been quite the rollercoaster of a day for us....

Re: NWR: Bigtime knottie vibes needed....

• Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We bought our house a couple fo years ago so I understand where you're coming from.  They always ask too much!  Good luck to you.  Hopefully you'll have some good news soon!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I already gave you good vibes via email but maybe if I put them outloud on TK they'll count as double good vibes!!   So *GOODKNOTTIEVIBES* that they accept :)
  • edited December 2011
    I hope it goes well for you!  Buying a house is so stressful.
  • edited December 2011
    **GOODKNOTTIEVIBES***
    Keep us posted!
    Good luck!

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sending you lots and lots of vibes!
    Hopefully the sellers come to their senses ;)
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • edited December 2011
    Tons of T&P coming your way.  I know what you are going through, and it is so difficult and tough.  Keep your chins up, and always remember that no matter where you are, the home is created from the family, not the building.
  • edited December 2011
    I'll be thinking of you guys - GL & keep us posted!
  • angel33284angel33284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Throwing some vibes your way.

But I hope your statement that they are asking way more fore the house than it is worth is incorrect. If it's true the bank can determine that it's overpriced and not grant you a mortgage. That would suck.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_nwr-bigtime-knottie-vibes-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:3e2d6a60-7a80-414f-abab-1e396dbb4ca0Post:1acd745b-7e7e-43c7-89c1-bd96b493a802">Re: NWR: Bigtime knottie vibes needed....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Throwing some vibes your way. But I hope your statement that they are asking way more fore the house than it is worth is incorrect. If it's true the bank can determine that it's overpriced and not grant you a mortgage. That would suck.
    Posted by angel33284[/QUOTE]

Angel - without going into too much detail about the specifics of the house...the house was appriased this week, and the seller is stil thinking she will somehow get the original (way too high) list price for the house.  (This is silly, because you're right - no one can get a mortgage for more than what the house with worth!  Clearly you know all the reasons why that would be unwise.)

The selling agent made the seller get the house appraised because she is being unrealistic, but she is still holding out on lowering the house price now that the worth of the house has actually come back. We found the house last weekend, three days before it was going to be appriased.  The appraisal amount came back yesterday.  For the record, the appraisal came back at exactly where we thought it would.  We are going to offer the exactly value of the house with no seller assist.  We can only hope the seller comes around.
  • dch167dch167 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So..... what happened???? Did they accept the offer??
  • edited December 2011
    we find out tomorrow, dch.  They have until Monday to respond.  Please keep the prayers and good thoughts coming!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards