Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Cinco De Mayo

Anyone doing anything fun to celebrate?

I was thinking of making something mexican for dinner, but we had tacos on Sunday and that's about the extent of my not-super-unhealthy mexican cooking knowledge. Any ideas?

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Cinco De Mayo

• Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fajitas?  Marinade strips of chicken/steak skillet it with onions and peppers... have shredded cheese, sour cream etc etc...

I got an enchinlada recipe off the new Philadelphia Cream Cheese things... I think you shred chicken etc... it was the santa fe flavor.

I think I posted in the recipes page a turkey baked burrito and unstuffed peppers recipes....

PS I love mexican!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    Cackle6Cackle6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I don't have anything healthy to offer, but I'm going to a Cinco de Mayo party and I'm bringing fresh salsa (well I guess that's healthy at lest, heh), fresh guac, and Tres Leches (three milk) cake. Someone is making roasted pork in the crockpot and I imagine we will make tacos/burriots out of it. And of course margaritas. I'm going to pick up some fresh lime juice on my way over so I can try to make a healthier version of a margarita, rather than use the mix you get at stores.

SO and I make enchaladas every once in awhile. They're fairly easy, and the recipies can be altered to make it a little healthier - use low or non fat cheese and sour cream instead of full fat versions, use turkey or lean pork for filling, add veggies to the filling, and use less sauce than the recipies call for - it always ends up being so much sauce! We've made them like that and they are still super tasty. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm.  Let's see of Ellie Whatsherface on Food Network has any Mexican recipes!!
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    LadybugBride3LadybugBride3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    El Vez!!  I'm working away too much and decided I needed to blow off some steam and meet some girlies, even though its probably going to be way too packed to get a table or any food.  I just want a margerita or two :)

image 247 Invited so far!
    image 170 Are ready to party!
    image 35 Will be missing out!
    image 42 Are MIA!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey there, Sadie Married Lady!!! 

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    Jamy0807Jamy0807 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HAHA Ladybugbride. I wish I knew you. I would have said hi. I was at El Vez tonight.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards