Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

bent prong

so.... i just looked down as i was typing and i just notice my prong is serverely bent.  it had to have happened sometime today i just have no idea how/when.

has this happened to anyone before?

FI just informed me he was going to take pliers to it later (help).  do you think the jewelry store will charge to fix it?
October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
Photobucket
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: bent prong

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think he should take pliers to it... call the store you got it from and see if you can just bring it in quickly.
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I cracked one of my prongs a few weeks after getting the ring. The jeweler who sold my FI the ring just had us bring it in and fixed it for free. I would give the place it is from a call and see if theY can help.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    im going to take a plier to him if he tries to come near it.

edit:  joking btw just realized this could come off sounding like spousal abuse lol
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just took my e ring because the band cracked straight through. I went to a very quick great place in Feasterville. Let me know if you are interested.
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definatly take it to the jeweler who sold you the ring.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My center stone came loose last week- it's from the dramatic change in weather I swear! My jeweler took care of it b/c it was within one yr of purchase. Your supposed to get them checked every 6-8 mos. plus cleaned etc.  (especially if your anal like me lol)

If your under a year, take it to your jeweler, or whomever is close and can fix it pronto. GL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have another ring (not my e-ring) and I needed a prong tightened.  It is a ring from my family and my mom had it sized, tightened and cleaned for me at a shop in West Chester before she gave it to me. It came loose about 10 months later and I took it to that same store and they tightened it for free b/c we are "clients".
    I don't think it will be an issue if you take it back to where you bought it.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i took it to the jewelers last night, they fixed it at no cost.  thank goodness.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards