Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Home buyers - I have a request

I can understand you not wanting to post the listing w/your potential new home address on it, but can we some some freakin pics of the houses you are making offers on?????????

Pweeze!

Re: Home buyers - I have a request

• Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agreed!! I can't buy my own home yet so I need to live vicariously through others.
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have an artist drawing since I'm building...  It'll be stone instead of brick.  And no bushes blocking the garage.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nice house Mana!   

and if you follow Amy's blog... you can see photos on there, sometimes ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Very cute mana!  I assume its going to be built in a development/cul-de-sac?
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha, Kim!  I'm so behind on the house hunting blogs!  And for those who do follow the blog, I am showcasing a couple of potential house that we looked at, not just the one we put in an offer on.

Here are a couple more pictures

The living room that leads into the kitchen

Master bedroom.  I heart all those windows.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nice Amer.  Did they get you with the accent walls? LOL

I grew up in a house with radiadors.  Are you planning to replace the heating?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amer- I love the fireplace.. so jealous... Ours does not have a fire place :(

MH- I can post pictures later, as I do not have my camera cord with me at work...
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    Hil - yea it's in a development, on more of a loop then cul-de sac.  Our lot is 3 houses from the end, with forest retention areas in the front and back.  So we will only have side neighbors.  We decided to have less yard for more house (to stay in our price range) esp since FI already has 2 kids and we plan to start trying to have our own kids in 2013-14. 
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    Amer - cute living room!  Is the Fireplace wood or gas?  Ours will be gas.
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You forgot the super modern kitchen Amy! (green looks better with the flash off..)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    l.o.v.e. the kitchen Amer!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here are a few pics of the outside that I found online...

Side of the house... from the side street (it's a corner lot)

The other side of the house and our driveway

Our very blah kitchen.... Cannot wait to update it....

Our plan is to give it a face lift for now until we can save the money, hopefully by 2012 to completely re do it.. But we love how open and big it is...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    amer - is that thehouse or just another one you looked at? Did you delete that blog post? It was listed in my reading list but when I clicked on the link it could not be found!
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nicole-- yeah I accidently posted that a little too early.  I've got like the next two weeks of posts scheduled, with the house we are actually under contract with as the last house I blog about.

MH-- I love that kitchen, esp thos cabinets, but omg the color of that house.  The Great Red Debate is still going strong between JEGs and I-- he loves the red.  Me, notsomuch.  As far as the radiators go, JEGs grew up in a house with them and he is uber excited about having them. 

mana- the fireplace is wood burning, I believe.  I am kind of excited about it.  We weren't looking for a house with a fireplace, so this is a total bonus!

HWH-- that kitchen looks really big!!  LOADS of potential!
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amer - All I know is that I had nosebleeds almost nightly as a kid because of the super-dry heat from the radiator.  I have a very jaded perspective :)

Happy - I think with a little TLC you could spruce up the kitchen.  Just changing the hardware on cabinets makes a HUGE difference in the appearance.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    MH - That's odd, because radiator heat is wet heat so it tends to actually be less drying than forced air.  You're defective!  ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_home-buyers-request?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:423e9e56-f698-46e5-af40-93cc1afac9d4Post:b5308a83-bd5e-4126-a160-6086be628f5f">Re: Home buyers - I have a request</a>:
    [QUOTE]MH - That's odd, because radiator heat is wet heat so it tends to actually be less drying than forced air.  You're defective!  ;)
    Posted by ooodsie[/QUOTE]

I am defective... or maybe it was just the really old (but remodeled) house.  Who knows.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

MH- Our plan is to add a color to the walls, re paint the cabinets white again... and change out the hardware for NOW. I hated the counter color *its mauve* and we were going to change that to a better laminate but then we decided to wait, not spend the $800 and invest in what we REALLY want next year...

• Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    Amer - I grew up with a food fireplace, I miss it.  We definitely wanted a fireplace, and it'll be nice not to have to clean up or worry about chimmey fires with the gas fireplace.  I told FI I'll burn the woodwick candles to get the firesound for him.

Happy - I think it'll make a big different just getting color on the walls and the hardware.  It's got potential so that's great.

I can't find good pics of our kitchen... it and the walk in closet with it's own window are my favorite parts

Kinda our kitchen, we are getting the gormet island so it's longer, more of a sitting area.  And there's no wall infront of the sink, it'll be a bar area, looking into the "morning room"  aka dining room.

Master Bathroom (we'll have 1 sink and a soaker tub...)

my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mana- that's super cute! oh, check your fb:)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will post some pics after our settlement on Wed!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

So jealous of everyones cute houses!

Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mana - I have kitchen envy! I want an island so bad but uh they don't work in row homes!
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    Paprika - haha i'm trying to reply on my phone... i need a smart(er) phone!
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mana- gorgeous! jealous that you can PICK everything!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amer- totally adorable.  It has you written all over it.  My mom's house (the house I grew up in) has a wood burning fireplace, and I have so many great memories of it- friday night movies and popcorn, with a fire going and snuggled in blankets, Christmas Eve reading A Night Before Christmas in front of the fire after church...so, so many great memories.  I actually like the green but I can see where it gets old, and I do like the red (sorry, Amer!).

HWH- Jealous.  I love open kitchens, and want one so bad when we go to buy (I don't think it will happen in our price range, though).  What is your plan for when you go to remodel it?

Mana- beautiful!
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    Nicole - the island was actually FI's gift to me, actually the whole kitchen.  He called the sales rep and upgraded almost everything for me, applicance, tile floor, backsplash... he said he knows how much I love to cook and that would be MY room.  Kinda made me fall in love with him all over again haha.  We were still under our price range so I didn't care, and that was the only way he would have been able to prove to me it was ok to do.  It was just a shock when we were going over the upgrades... he had the biggest smile on his face.  He also pointed out this weekend when I was cooking my apt's kitchen is the size of my soon to be wall in closet... it can' get built fast enough!

Happy - I know it's going to be AWESOME picking everything out, but  i'm going to be mess when I got to pick all the tiling and carpets out... I don't want to f-up and it look like crap!
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting far too excited about house hunting now. I need to stop. Pronto. FI and I are trying to decide if we'll get a better rate/chance/preapproval amount if we do it together or just me. My credit is better, and I'm a first time home buyer, but he makes a ton more and has collateral. (his car, which he owns) Even though his credit blows.  I guess we'll just try it both ways.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    Paprika - they will walk both scernios to see what's best.  We ended up going with mortgage in my name, title in both.  Then when we get married we can refinance and combine for the VA loan (since FI is military).  This give him 2 years to get his credit better, VA loan will only count my income if we are married.  I wasn't ready for a shotgun wedding either...  What also hurt FI is child support.  He gladly pays, but it sucks it's counted against him.
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Here's a couple before and after pics of our townhouse!  It was definitely cool to see it get built..

Kitchen before pic...

After pic of the kitchen =)

Before pic of the living/dining room

After pic with furniture =)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards