Georgia-Atlanta

Hi! New bride-to-be...

Hello everyone. I'm new around here. I live in Metro Atlanta. I'm getting married next October, to my wonderful girlfriend. It'll be a bit more difficult, but we're planning first to go up to MA for a legal wedding, and then a nice ceremony down here for family and friends. Has anyone else done this?

Re: Hi! New bride-to-be...

• edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome! I don't know of anyone on here in the exact situation but there are lots of people that have destination weddings and then a reception locally. Either way, this board is a great resource to learn about vendors and ideas.
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats and Welcome!
    imageAnniversary
  • cutypie953cutypie953 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!   This board is a great place for info and everyone here is extremely helpful!
  • edited December 2011
    Hello and welcome!  like pp said, this board is great to get ideas and vendor info!
  • evareneeevarenee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Brother did. He got married in Toronto and then had a reception down here for us. Good luck. The girls on here are very helpful. :)
  • edited December 2011
    welcome!  So fun to have new brides.  Tell us about what you have planned so far?
    Baby Boxer is coming! 5.23.12
    www.focushunting.com
  • handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in Atlanta, but grew up in Mass.   Where will the ceremony be?  There are some great estates up there, I'd love to hear what you have planned!  I got married in FL last year, and my 23 year old daughter got married in quick courthouse ceremony a couple of weeks ago--we're having her reception at my home in 4 weeks.  So, lots of options for you. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Dreah87Dreah87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, everyone, for making me feel so welcome. We aren't completely sure where in MA we're going to get married, but we both have some family in Boston, so it'll probably be at the Boston courthouse. We're looking into forms and costs for that now. As for the ceremony at home, it will probably be a dark but elegant autumn wonderland. We are both into the gothic style, and we adore autumn and especially Halloween. We have the date set for next Halloween, for the at-home ceremony, and the first week of next October for the trip to Boston.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards