Georgia-Atlanta

Flint Hill Brides:come in please

Hey LadiesI've heard this place is beautiful but never been. My sis is considering changing venues and well, this is on the list. Could you tell me the pros and cons of what to expect of Flint Hill? And any pics as well to see how it looks? Thanks.

Re: Flint Hill Brides:come in please

• edited December 2011
    Flint Hill is really beautiful, but of all of the venues that we looked at, this was the one that I liked the least.  They made us go on a group tour to see the place(nothing says "your special day" like a group tour!), and it just seemed like a total wedding factory.  They have two weddings every night, and two at their other location the atrium right across the street, which means that you're really boxed in for the time of your event.  You have to use their vendors for so much - cake, flowers, decorations - it's nice if you're looking for a one stop shop, but I wanted to be able to put some personal touches in, and they wouldn't have let me.
    Baby Boxer is coming! 5.23.12
    www.focushunting.com
  • edited December 2011
    ouch, yeah my sis needs somewhere more personable than that for sure. thanks for being honest with me.
  • alison1209alison1209 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Flint Hill is nice...we chose another Magic Moments property - Primrose Cottage - and are really excited about it. The people there have been wonderful and really easy to work with. It's website is www.primrosecottage.com. I think they have a link to Flint Hill on there so you can compare them. Good luck!
  • sduncans09sduncans09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You have to use their vendors for the flowers, food and booze - not the cake.  We felt like it was one less thing we had to go shop around for, and we're excited about our wedding there.  Our friend got married at Primrose Cottage and loved her wedding there as well.  I have heard you may have a rehearsal going on while you're getting ready...we're getting married on a Sunday so that doesn't affect us.
  • kt&pkt&p member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another venue you can check out is the Georgia Club. I am getting married there in May and they have been wonderful so far! Email me if you want more info - ketruett at gmail dot com
  • GymDogFranGymDogFran member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was married at Primrose Cottage, also.  (see reviews and pics in bio)  They were very accommodating and let me add a number of 'personal' touches.  I really loved it!
  • edited December 2011
    Flint Hill was my first pick for a venue but when it was booked solid for a year I went with another Magic Moments location-Little Gardens!!  It turns out that its a much better pick for me!  It is a one-stop shop type of thing (although you can bring in your own ceremony flowers and cake).  It definitely has pros and cons!
  • edited December 2011
    Flint hill is owned and operated by magic moments. They own and operate my venue, the atrium, which is right across the street.Pros: BEAUTIFUL venue (reminiscent of Tara from Gone with the Wind), indoor and outdoor wedding space, helpful staff, coordinators and planners included, wonderful food/menuCons: Requires in-house catering, requires in-house decor (so no DIYing your own centerpieces, etc), Can get expensive (21% service charge on everything).http://www.flinthill.com/
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • edited December 2011
    Oh and they don't force you to take a group tour, you can make an appointment to see it solo on a weekday.
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • benicole2823benicole2823 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just Booked our Wedding at Flint Hill for early May. I in no way felt like it was a "wedding factory".....Everyone has been so nice and helpful and they have made our wedding planning a very pesonal experience...It certainly was a challenge finding an affordable venue and they have worked hard to stay within our budget. They offer a lot and it is Gorgeous there. Allison the sales contact at Flint Hill is AMAZING. I went during the week to look at it and then took my Fiance there for a private tour on a Sat. afternoon.  Although you are limited to using their decor... they offer beautiful options for all price ranges! Best of Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards