Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Atlanta Hotel drama

Hey girls. My wedding is Saturday. All of my guest reserved rooms in a block I signed a contract for at the Marriott Courtyard in downtown Altanta by October 31st. I just got an email yesterday afternoon that they overbooked and are moving all my guests to another hotel. It wound up being a hotel that was way further away north of buckhead. The original hotel was 1.8 miles from my venue and had shuttle service etc. They claim they guarantee you a room, not necessarily one at the hotel you reserve. So be careful when you sign the contracts. I think they were trying to pull a fast one over on us because the hotel they were moving us to - 20 rooms worth of guests- was $30 cheaper a night, but all my guests were locked in at the special rate we arranged originally for that original hotel. Just be careful when making room blocks and signing contracts. On a side note, we've been moved to a better hotel after much discussion with marriott staff. It wasn't easy to get moved and I did not want to have this kind of streee this close to my wedding.

Re: Atlanta Hotel drama

• Options
    ncohioncohio member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow. That's ridiculous. How could they overbook so much that an entire room block needs to be moved?!? At least you got it resolved. I'm excited to hear about how your wedding goes!
  • Options
    kreilleykreilley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll be sure to post some pics or something after I'm back from the honeymoon. I sure need the honeymoon after this week is going. Gosh! I know they say nothing goes perfect, but it has been a crazy week. We just went to ge the programs cut at Office Depot and they cut them all wrong. We have to go reprint! gggrrr I'm trying to stay sane! lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards