Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

While we're venting...

I have my own.

I have been petite my whole life.  I've always worn two tank tops layered in the summer b/c I was sick of people sticking their fingers into my ribcage.  It's not appropriate to poke someone and say how tiny they are, it's just not.

Well, since the wedding, I've put on a couple of pounds, okay like 10 lbs.  I don't feel bad about myself b/c I feel like I kinda need a few more pounds on me (maybe not 10, but I'm not concerned).  Problem now is that people pinch me!!  Okay, don't pinch people either!  Then they go on to say how "happy" I look and how "married life looks good" on me.  Okay, then why do they pinch?   I wish people would just keep their damn hands to themselfs and stop bruising me.  I also wish they'd stop pointing out that I'm not "skinny" anymore.  I hate that word.

This has been bothering me, just can't win.  This is lame I know but it feels good to type it out.
Photobucket

Re: While we're venting...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Awe :(  I will make sure not to pinch you when I see you :)  I agree though, people just dont think sometimes.
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it hurts lol
    Photobucket
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow, some people need to think before they talk.  I just don't get it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw, that stinks.  I hope people stop poking/pinching you.  Just break their fingers next time :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Goodness, people suck.

I'm pretty sure you're still skinny, even with the extra 10lbs.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    omg .. people are crazy.  I would be pissed too.  That's just not appropriate.
    Who are this people? co-workers?

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_were-venting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:433fe9b5-69ee-4d38-bdb6-1f03f48f4629Post:c98f889c-a7e6-451e-a106-a9a2b1db8193">Re: While we're venting...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just break their fingers next time :)
    Posted by miguelhilary2010[/QUOTE]

I'll have to remember this ;)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Drink, I'm talkin coworkes, friends, family, neighbors.  You name it.   They don't mean anything by it.  They just don't know.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow, I don't know why but I expected your co-workers to do something like this.
    I have a good friend who is built similar to you and when she gained a little weight (like 5 lbs) her dad and bf told her to diet because she was getting fat.
    I don't understand how people can make opinions about "skinny" people without thinking.  I doubt they would go up to an overweight person and pinch them.

Philly Sig Challenge

For Sale

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it just shows a lot more when a petite person gains a few pounds.  It's more noticable.  I do have to figure something out b/c i dont want to gain anymore.  Although, I've been pretty steady since the holidays.  I haven't lost anything since then but I haven't gained.  My weight fluctuates about 5 lbs or so over the course of the day.  So my highest weight is about 7 lbs heavier than my old average weight.

People at work do it the most probably and then people who are close to me and think it's funny.  It's just annoying b/c they used to say I was too thin and now they're pointing out that I'm not as thin anymore.  Kinda hurtful.  Then my mother, she doesn't poke or pinch but she's a freak when it comes to monitoring calories and everything else so she has tons of "tips" for me that I really don't want to hear.  She's been with a behavioral modification program and it kinda warped her but she's healthier than ever so I don't mention it.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry Stacy.  I know those comments can have a huge affect on people.
    I don't want this to sound mean, but you probably look just fine with a couple extra pounds, so I wouldn't stress about it. I want to tell you to ignore what they are saying/doing but I'm sure that's hard/impossible.

Philly Sig Challenge

For Sale

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally understand you! me and FSIL always say this. and if you ever say you want to loose some weight people are like omg you are so lucky you are so skinny. not take me seriously at all

I understand I am skinny, but that doesnt mean I cant wait to lose some weight or get into shape. I feel like they make me feel bad about it!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea Drink, I don't stress about it at all.  It's just strange how people think it's funny.  It's actually more hurtful I think to be poked than it is to be pinched (in my case).  I'm happy with how I am.  I could probably stand to tone up but it's not a big deal to me.  I'm happier.

Cutie, I don't think they do it to make us feel bad, I think it's more to make them feel better about themselves.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards