Georgia-Atlanta

Reasonable Wedding and Reception Budget

I am newly engaged and hoping for a December 2011 wedding.  I am looking at doing a Sunday afternoon wedding, as I have heard the prices can be significantly lower.  Can anyone give me some reasonably priced venues in the Atlanta area where we can have our wedding and reception in the same place??? I am hoping for a beautiful wedding day, but without going in to debt over it! Any tips on cutting corners would be appreciated!!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Reasonable Wedding and Reception Budget

• edited December 2011
    My venue was the Douglasville CulturalArts center. Sunday rental was about $600 and everyone thought it was beautiful and intimate. We had about 70 guests and had a completely DIY wedding with a budget of $5000.00

~Megan & Steve 10-10-10~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • maim30maim30 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Hill Manor in Kennesaw. The owner does offer a discount for weeknight and Sunday events.
    She also gives you a list of preferred vendors to choose from that offer deep discounts. The DJ gave me $200 off since I am getting married there and he is a preferred vendor. We get half off on tent rentals too.
    I have found the process easy since I have a list of people to look through. I only had to look into two DJ's, two photographers, etc. The photographer we chose is charging $600.00 for 5 hours and that includes owing the photos and an album.
    Most of the research was done for me and I really like the vendors.
    You do have to use her caterer. You can bring an outside cake but they do charge for cake cutting if you use another vendor for the cake.
    Overall for ceremony and reception for 120 people it will be $6000. We are bringing our own beverages. They actually encourage that and tell you it helps with your costs.
    But the $6000 includes floral credit, caterer, cake, tables, tents, chairs, napkins, bartender, etc.
    I hope this helps!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • kbarnes37kbarnes37 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for those ideas!! I will be looking into them asap!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • KnaijaQueenKnaijaQueen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A popular venue is Roswell River Landing. We could probably give more recommendations if you let us know what your budget is and how many guests.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards