Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Shoe color

This board is beat. I know we just talked about shoes recently but I want to do a poll about shoes for the wedding! Feel free to post pics too!

Re: Shoe color

• ev4149ev4149 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't picked mine out yet.  But I'm leaning towards white/ivory.  But I want some bling on it!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did blue, not for my something blue, but because all my girls wore blue. I wanted the shoes to match the color. I loved my shoes.

• Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    edited December 2011
    yellow!! just because i love yellow and I didn't do it for my wedding lol
  • cll915cll915 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm a big shoe person, but my DH is an inch shorter than me so i wore flats.
    They were navy blue with an open toe and big bling stones on the top. They were a hit, killed my ankles though.
    Picture below, but they were not as metallic. More navy.They were the color of my BM dresses.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm doing blue because it's my favorite color and it'll work as my something blue too. It won't match my BMs at all though since they'll be in purple.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I still drool over BP's shoes!

My kicks are red.

• a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing violet to match my bridesmaids. I'm in LOVE Laughing

Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww thanks Nicole! I still can't believe I found a pair that looked so similar to the 900 christian's I originally fell in love with!
  • edited December 2011
    Kira- I love you shoes! LOL I am doing the same as my girls dresses I love them!!!
  • ev4149ev4149 member
    edited December 2011
    I am impressed!  You all wear such tall shoes!!  I would definitely fall over... it will be low heels for me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • PhillyGal34PhillyGal34 member
    edited December 2011
    purple

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Like BP, I had blue but not chosen for my "something blue".  To be real, they were on clearance at Macys and looked cool.

I'm also jealous of BP's shoes.
  • edited December 2011
    Green!! My girls are wearing black with a green sash... I love them
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Mine were white shoes that I already owned and only wore once, closed toe, about 2 1/2-3 inch heel, and I attached some David's Bridal bling shoe clips to them to dress them up.  Unfortunately, I don't have a pic of them, will have to take one sometime.
  • edited December 2011
    I love BPs shoes too!! I can't wear that tall of a heel though.

My bm color is blue but a different shade. I guess it will be my something but because i dont feel like finding something blue. I just seen them and had to have them. They are kinda like the Manolo Blahnik 'something blue' shoes but diff shade  blue and not 5 inches tall. :)  

These pics not do them justice.  (one is a cell phone pic)

• flawlessfayflawlessfay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered this a few days ago and it will be dyed this color

http://www.myglassslipper.com/purple-wedding-shoes/dyeable/royal-purple-187-6356

Mrs-Flawless-Pitts
  • FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If BP had bigger feet, I'd totally steal those suckers! Since it's a late spring wedding, and I am the sandal queen (flip flops too) I'll be rocking these gorgeous sandals. They look fabulous with my dress too. Also FI is only a few inches taller and so I didn't want to go with high heels.

The picture doesn't do them justice at all.
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_shoe-color-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:44fda07f-ad29-4f21-ba5e-cc6f26972131Post:60f2527c-e3fb-412e-a120-744c21a6fe51">Re: Shoe color</a>:
    [QUOTE]Awww thanks Nicole! I still can't believe I found a pair that looked so similar to the 900 christian's I originally fell in love with!
    Posted by ButtonsPepper[/QUOTE]

paint the bottom red and you would never know the difference!
  • LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also a sandal/flip-flop girl, plus DH is not much taller than I am, so I opted for bling for my feet! They are so comfortable, and I was even able to wear them on the honeymoon!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ooo LadyJ I love those!  I will also be rocking my sandals on the HM. I've had them for a year now, and it was so hard to not wear them this summer!
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_shoe-color-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:44fda07f-ad29-4f21-ba5e-cc6f26972131Post:5c035576-49a7-4651-af52-a99088b936b0">Re: Shoe color</a>:
    [QUOTE]ooo LadyJ I love those!  I will also be rocking my sandals on the HM. I've had them for a year now, and it was so hard to not wear them this summer!
    Posted by FutureMrsTCT[/QUOTE]

I had them for the first half of the summer, and I had to have my mom keep them at her house so I wouldn't be tempted to wear them! Now whenever I do wear them, I have an extra spring in my step since I'm thinking about the wedding!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • benmel31benmel31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wore silver heels.  All the BMs and moms wore silver shoes too, but everyone's were different.

Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    I want blue shoes for my something blue, although I would be happy with purple to match the BM as well.  

I am thinking of getting ballroom dancing shoes.  
  • edited December 2011
    Red or Purple. I bought my shoe in both colors and plan to decide on the wedding day (or the day before) which color I'm going to wear.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Going with fantastic black shoes...can't wait to wear them!
  • edited December 2011
    Mine were silver. I'm jealous of most of the shoes posted. I wish I did red shoes, since my BMs were red high heels and entered the reception to the song red high heels.

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Late as usual...
    Mine are silver with clear pearlescent sequins on them.  Got them at DSW and they are comfy.  That's all I wanted.
    Photobucket
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Purple (the same as cutie's!)

I thought I wouldn't last very long in them, but it was hours into the reception before I changed into my gold flats.  And then the third shoe change (gold flip flops) came when we went to the bar after the reception.

• LadybugBride3LadybugBride3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered the shoes I have been stalking for weeks on Monday, hopefully they arrive today.  I love them, but afraid they may be too high, I love huge heels but FI isn't that much taller than me. 

image 247 Invited so far!
    image 170 Are ready to party!
    image 35 Will be missing out!
    image 42 Are MIA!
  • lisalaroclisalaroc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_shoe-color-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:44fda07f-ad29-4f21-ba5e-cc6f26972131Post:092c3260-6861-4660-9a53-4faa1745bb53">Re: Shoe color</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want blue shoes for my something blue, although I would be happy with purple to match the BM as well.   I am thinking of getting ballroom dancing shoes.  
    Posted by NCV2[/QUOTE]

DO IT! I'm not sure if you've been taking lesson or not but my FI and I have been doing ballroom since before we were engaged and trust me, ballroom shoes are SO much more comfortable for a long night of being on your feet!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards