Georgia-Atlanta

wedding planner/designer suggestions

Hey Knotties,

I live in Chicago, but both me and my fiance are from Atlanta and we're having our wedding and reception in the Piedmont Park area.  I find that I'm having difficulty making time to plan the wedding from so far away.  I'm looking for a good planner or designer to help me with decor, planning, and event coordination.  I've got major stuff done like venues, photographer, and videographer.  We're having a fusion Indian/American wedding. 

I'm hoping some of y'all can suggest some wedding planners I can look into who are reasonably priced. 

Thanks!  Smile

Re: wedding planner/designer suggestions

• fiddle14fiddle14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure what they charge, but their planners are super-nice (as a musician, I've worked with them quite a few times), organized, and have done many weddings at Piedmont Park:
    Storybook Weddings  http://www.stbkweddings.com/
  • edited December 2011
    I would not recommend the one that I used (info in bio)
  • edited December 2011
    Hi my name is Trina I recently met with a wedding planner who seemed very nice and easy to get along with and willing to help make your day... your day
    she has different packages... her name is Kristina Armstrong she has had a couple of her brides featured in The Knot GA
    her website is mybrideidea.net
    Hope this helps
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_wedding-plannerdesigner-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:60f2b7d3-e2c7-4bd0-b612-eac739805f42Post:2f08cfc4-bafd-4f41-ad7d-adaebf38aec8">Re: wedding planner/designer suggestions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi my name is Trina I recently met with a wedding planner who seemed very nice and easy to get along with and willing to help make your day... your day she has different packages... her name is Kristina Armstrong she has had a couple of her brides featured in The Knot GA her website is mybrideidea.net Hope this helps
    Posted by lalatrina[/QUOTE]

That's who I used
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, my planner/coordinator is AWESOME!  Her name is Janice Blackmon (Janice Blackmon Events).  Experienced and used to all ranges of budgets.  I absolutely have nothing bad to say about her.  I've actually known her for 6 or 7 years and know several of her brides as I was their photographer. I love Janice!!!
  • flagmedownflagmedown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Sylvia with Weddings by Stephanie Marie. I haven't had my wedding yet, but so far, she has been INCREDIBLE! She's very experienced, makes great recommendations, is very responsvie. She's a little pricey,, but she worked with me on the price. The bride who told me about her, another knottie, said she worked with her on pricing too.
  • edited December 2011
    @smynings_bride

Oh wow.. cool how was she for you?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_wedding-plannerdesigner-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:60f2b7d3-e2c7-4bd0-b612-eac739805f42Post:51f3e289-696e-47b4-9a1c-021aa02a2cff">Re: wedding planner/designer suggestions</a>:
    [QUOTE]@smynings_bride Oh wow.. cool how was she for you?
    Posted by lalatrina[/QUOTE]

I was extremely unhappy with her services and would not recommend her.
  • edited December 2011
    I would second sylvia with wddings by stephanie marie. She did my wedding in september and she was amazing, worth every single penny,
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_wedding-plannerdesigner-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:60f2b7d3-e2c7-4bd0-b612-eac739805f42Post:d8dc17c6-3d28-49a5-bc2d-0e349dc88398">Re: wedding planner/designer suggestions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: wedding planner/designer suggestions : I was extremely unhappy with her services and would not recommend her.
    Posted by smynings_bride[/QUOTE]

Oh no.. I am sorry to hear that..... I did get a godd vibe from her and she seemed to be organized and helpful and I loved her work on her blog and in the knot GA.... If you don't mind me asking what was one thing you absolutely was upset by??
  • edited December 2011
    lalatrina and neelamjumma, I sent you each a private message
  • bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Just to reiterate, that if one particular person had an issue with a vendor, please take the review with a grain of salt.  We are in the business of helping each other out and not defaming individuals.  Thanks guys.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_wedding-plannerdesigner-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:60f2b7d3-e2c7-4bd0-b612-eac739805f42Post:a68cd346-21d4-48fa-9577-dbd70cc331af">Re: wedding planner/designer suggestions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just to reiterate, that if one particular person had an issue with a vendor, please take the review with a grain of salt.  We are in the business of helping each other out and not defaming individuals.  Thanks guys.
    Posted by bbyckes[/QUOTE]

That is exactly why I've handled the matter via private message (after I was directly asked for specific feedback)--all I've said here is that I do not recommend the one I used--I haven't defamed anyone
  • edited December 2011
    I met a planner/coordinator at a recent bridal event I attended. She just seemed so down to earth and laid back. Her name is Damoris Williams and her company name is Kaleidescope Events. I just Googled her and here is the # (678) 712-1862 x101 tel
  • edited December 2011
    @ smynings_bride thanks for the PM hasn't changed my position about her one way or the other, but great information to think about... appreciate it
  • jle625jle625 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anybody ever heard of Denise Stripling in Calhoun?

www.tastega.com
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the feedback everyone!  I really appreciate your help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards