Georgia-Atlanta

Beware of Wedding Planner Brendaline "Brenda" Wilson

I regret hiring Brendaline (Brenda) Wilson, owner of Events Divine, LLC, as my Day of Wedding Coordinator.   We specifically hired her to direct the wedding party and communicated this at our meeting.  Although we had done all the planning, we needed Ms. Brenda to make sure the wedding ceremony went off without a hitch.  She provided the wedding party with this detailed timeline and did not follow ANY of it.  Ms. Brenda failed to gather the wedding party to line up.  I had to call her minutes before the ceremony to find out what was going on because no one was in place.  While walking to the ceremony site, I saw the groom but the venue's Events Director saved the day and distracted him.  In addition, I could not find my father to walk me down the aisle.  He is a senior citizen and someone had sent him to the wrong area.  I could have overlooked her dropping the ball in this area but it did not end there.  During the cocktail hour, many guests commented that Ms. Brenda's Assistant was grabbing the horsd'oeuvres off the trays before the servers had gotten around to our guests.  Then, half way into cocktail hour her Assistant misinformed our guests that they were in the wrong room and needed to grab their drinks and head downstairs.  Our guests were in the right room.  Well, once they left the room, the horsd'oeuvres and drinks ended and guests were stuck looking at each other while the wedding party was taking pictures.  If this was not enough, two days after the wedding I told Ms. Brenda about all the complaints that we had received and asked her how she would rectify the situation.  She offered to provide a full refund and stated in an email that she would mail it the next day.  It is almost a month later and we have not received our refund.  I followed up with her about the refund and she claimed that I had unfounded agitation against her.  I even forwarded her the email that she wrote me about the refund and she never acknowledged it.  Please, avoid her services if you want the wedding that you rightfully deserve.  I understand that mistakes and mishaps do happen but a professional accepts responsibility and keeps his/her word.

Re: Beware of Wedding Planner Brendaline "Brenda" Wilson

• mrsbrantleymrsbrantley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So sorry that this happened to you! I hope this part fades and eventually all you remember is the good stuff :)
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that's just awful. Hyrdophile had a bad experience with a coordinator too!
  • edited December 2011
    She sounds awful!  Unfortunately, my coordinator was mandatory for our venue :(  We loved the original coordinator, but our venue went through so much turnover, it wasn't even funny.

It seems like a strongly-worded letter (certified mail) is in order and some research on small claims since you have an e-mail from her saying she would give you a refund.
  • lovegahblovegahb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    so glad i saw this, she was on my list of people to contact!!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • retaviatoretaviato member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bad wedding coordinators are the WORST!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards