Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Back in the day...

Share your favorite horrible fashion that you used to love... be it from the 70's, 80's or 90's.... or even early 2000's. C'mon, I know we all had at least one...
Anniversary
TTC since 12/17/11
BFP 02/19/2012
M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Back in the day...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello... my name is RecoveringActor... and I used to wear jeans under baby-doll dresses.  ::hangs head in shame::

Also... paprika... your name came up as "CrazyMary77" as the original poster.  Just wanted to point that out.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It could be because I'm crazy. Except my name isn't mary.

I wore slouchy socks. 3 pairs at a time in different colors. with high tops, stirrup pants, and a t-shirt with a clip on the side.

Holy Babysitters Club.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stirup pants!  I wore those in elementry school with long sweaters... along with perms... oh lord the perms!
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a perm! And side ponytails. up top- ala kelly kapowski.

OMG. Trapper keepers?
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's funny you bring this up.  Today at lunch we were talking about the stuff we use to wear... like jean overalls. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Guilty of all of the above plus rolling my jeans, vests and babydoll shirts with the open plaid shirt on top. Yikes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stirrup pants were my favorite when I was younger.  I loved black ones best and I probably had 15 pairs.  My mom made a point to tell my teachers in elementary school that I had a lot of pairs so that they didn't think I was wearing the same clothes everyday.  Yes, I embarrassed my mother.

I have to mention rolled up jeans.  But not just rolled up,  we used to fold them over to the side and then roll them up so that there would be a little bagginess on the bottom. I can't even look at those pictures without cringing.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011

How about the slap bracelets!  I loved getting them.... until the teachers would let them in class. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh god the stirrup pants! I remember my mom wanting me to wear jeans when it was cold out, and i would cry and say that they "hurt" so I could wear my stirrups. I remember thinking the look of teased hair was so pretty.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha stirup pants def

also those hair clips with like balloons in them or shoe laces hahaha

Also I was a tomboy sometimes so I wore a lot of umbro shorts
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    Jesster-  I wore the umbro shorts and airwalks a lot in my tomboy phase. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a ton of the shoelace clips- I also did the overalls- with one side un hooked. My mom was dead set on me wearing tapered jeans... I used to refuse to wear them because I couldn't roll them up.

Bodysuits?

Slap bracelets. And holy lisa frank.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
  • Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    edited December 2011
    omg umbro shorts, i used to wear those all the time. And overall jeans with crop tops, side pony tails, scrunchies! I lived on scrunchies. And I loved loved the babydoll dresses.
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011

Oh how I miss high tops... or the platforms

I admit to having the BIG bangs back in the day

Amy - I had my slap bracelet I got at the dentist taken away from me in kindergarden... i'm still scarred.

my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had well over 300 scrunchies. I used to wear them on my wrist. I guess that's where my habit of always having a rubber band on my wrist came from. (I kid you not, right before I walked down the aisle, my dad laughed at me because I had one on. He had it in his pocket the whole ceremony)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG .. I loved tshirt clips! I feel ashamed... haha.

Also worse stirrup pants and scunch socks!
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    What about the glitter make up? 
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_back-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:467cb743-41a2-474c-9b56-c8355c3b0142Post:72ee31ee-3c1a-4f28-802a-fd067c137b91">Re: Back in the day...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had well over 300 scrunchies. I used to wear them on my wrist. I guess that's where my habit of<strong> always having a rubber band on my wrist came from. (I kid you not, right before I walked down the aisle, my dad laughed at me because I had one on. He had it in his pocket the whole ceremony)
    </strong>Posted by paprika28[/QUOTE]

me too!!! I always have a hair thing on my wrist and I did on wedding day. My photog was like 'do you want the hair thing in the photos??' lol

amy- I was umbros and samba sneakers...I think my sister and I bought sambas like every year for 6 years. We were both hard core soccer players so maybe thats why haha
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG glitter makeup!!!!  We used to get this glitter gel that Wet n Wild made... and put that on my eyelids.. and then put MORE GLITTER on it.  In my defense, it was for cheerleading.  lol.

I'm also guilty of rolling up jeans... and tying t-shirts on the side... and side ponytails.   And stirrups. 
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_back-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:467cb743-41a2-474c-9b56-c8355c3b0142Post:84f27fe9-f22f-435c-a65a-975b3c857b5c">Re: Back in the day...</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>OMG glitter makeup!!!!  We used to get this glitter gel that Wet n Wild made... and put that on my eyelids.. and then put MORE GLITTER on it.  In my defense, it was for cheerleading.  lol</strong>. I'm also guilty of rolling up jeans... and tying t-shirts on the side... and side ponytails.   And stirrups. 
    Posted by RecoveringActor[/QUOTE]

Unfornuately, I did this for school everyday in like 6th grade.  I mean glitter ontop of glitter...
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to ditto just about everything listed above. Especially the t-shirt clips (in all shapes and colors) and scrunchies.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not gonna lie- I rocked the garanamals when I was in elementary school...

Middle school was the worst ever though. I was awkward, and gangly, and tried to dress waaay to old for my age. (think vests, odd jeans, turtlenecks, broaches...) and it was waaaay before I discovered a blowdryer, so my hair was HUUUUGE.

I rocked the platforms in 8th grade. Every single day. And the glitter jewelry. Tattoo bracelets & necklaces as well.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
  • Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    edited December 2011
    OMG, I love this one!!

I definitely used to rock the overalls with only one side clipped.

How about clothes in neon?  Everything I owned was neon in the early 90s. 

I also owned a lot of stretchy 3/4 length pants that had skirts attached to them.  Random.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes- neon everything! Parachute shorts- I confess- I owned them. And gigantic sweaters with leggings...

Ironically, I usually wear all black or jeans now... with classic button downs & cardigans. Obviously, I've been traumatized by my own choices during my childhood. :)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    also the 'swooshy' jump suits...anyone remember those?

and my sister and I rocked crimped hair a lot when we were really young
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just conviced my little sister to throw out our hair crimper. And I owned a gazillion swishy pants. And Starter jackets!
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    two things pop out -- both are from middle school.

remember those t-shirts that had the thugged out Looney Toons characters?   I like like half a dozen of them.  All had co-ordinated, colored jean shorts.

Did you guys shop at 5.7.9. when you were younger?  One outfit that really sticks out in my head was my red and white polka dotted outfit.  The shirt was plain red with white polka dots around the neck and arm holes.  They had matching red and white polka dotted shorts, socks and scrunchie-- which I wore of course.  Along with my white Keds.

I have a picture around here somewhere. 
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    two things pop out -- both are from middle school.

remember those t-shirts that had the thugged out Looney Toons characters?   I like like half a dozen of them.  All had co-ordinated, colored jean shorts.

Did you guys shop at 5.7.9. when you were younger?  One outfit that really sticks out in my head was my red and white polka dotted outfit.  The shirt was plain red with white polka dots around the neck and arm holes.  They had matching red and white polka dotted shorts, socks and scrunchie-- which I wore of course.  Along with my white Keds.

I have a picture around here somewhere. 
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amer- I had that exact same outfit, I think.

I had a random Magic Jordan tshirt... And LA gear everything. I vaguely remember a black and white dress with strawberry buttons on it... but I think I've tried to block it out of memory.

I also had a random fake suede skirt with three stripes of blue and a few flowers on it... I loved the hell out of that skirt. With black platform sandals. Ahhh, 8th grade.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Oh my god, todes forgot about 5.7.9 HAH.

Also, I have a seriously embarassing picture of me with crimped hair from when I was like 5. Maybe I could find it. But in my defense, I was too young to crimp my own hair so I'm blaming my mom.

Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards