Georgia-Atlanta

Wedding with two different cultures

I’m engaged and my fiancé is from a different background. While planning we’re having some trouble integrating both of our cultures while staying within our budget. I’m Latina and he’s Jamaican. Help please!!I saw a show that reminds me of what I’m going through. www.mtvtr3s.com/ontv/dyn/quiero_mi_boda/series.jhtml">http://www.mtvtr3s.com/ontv/dyn/quiero_mi_boda/series.jhtml

Re: Wedding with two different cultures

• edited December 2011
    What are some traditions for each culture that are really important to the two of you and your families? Is there a way you could put your own spin on any of them? Could you DIY something to be able to include some traditions you like? What areas are you having trouble staying in budget (venue, food, renal items, flowers, etc...)

I think we need some more info on the type of wedding you are planning, or some specific questions to help you better...
    ~Megan & Steve 10-10-10~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Megan.  Post some of the traditions and we can help you incorporate them both. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards