Georgia-Atlanta

On- Site Hair & Make-up???

I really want to have an on-site hair & make-up artist for myself and my bridal party. But I have a very small budget for things like this. I am getting married in Rome, GA... I just dont have $600.00 for someone to do just one thing. Does anyone know any people or businesses, I was thinking the beauty school or maybe seeing if a MAC employee would come out there for money they would receive... Any ideas would truly help me

Re: On- Site Hair & Make-up???

• em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you asked around at some hair salons or beauty schools in the area near your venue?
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • edited December 2011
    I have thought about that but don't  know how to go about doing it.
  • em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you from Rome or know anyone from there who could recommend a good salon w/ a makeup artist? Even if they don't have one on staff, they may know someone who is good/affordable. As for beauty schools, I would look up their number and call them, tell them your situation, and see if they can help. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • KnaijaQueenKnaijaQueen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could try my makeup artist (although she doesn't do hair, she could prob recommend). Shay Ashmon Artistry, shayashmon @ yahoo [dot] com
  • jnicolemajorsjnicolemajors member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check www.marykay.com for a local mary kay consultant.  Some of them might do it for the product advertisement. 
  • edited December 2011
    that is so perfect em01092 !!! Thank you! No I am not from Rome, GA I live in Atlanta(downtown area) but a lot of the makeup artist down there are tryint to charge $1.00 a mile to drive past a certain point rather than I pay for their gas onc they give the receipt. I don't know I hate feeling like people rip you off knowing you want his day to be perfect. Just sucks sometimes. I am already getting discouraged and I ahave been engaged less than a month
  • JennByardMUAJennByardMUA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey! Read my PM!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards