Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Knottie of the Week: alikatt13

Post away!

Names of the Couple?

Wedding Date?

How old are you? Your FI?

Occupations and dream occupations of the couple?

How long have you been dating?

Where did the you meet?

What was your first impression of your FI?

Most exciting thing about wedding planning so far?

Any wedding-related challenges yet?

Have you gotten the dress yet? If so, pic please! If not, post some that you like!

Any favorite vendors yet?

Colors or theme?

What are your top three wedding-related priorities?

Any children yet or furbabies?

Kids at wedding?

Where are you honeymooning?

Favorite book?

Favorite movie?

Favorite tv show?

Favorite wedding dress designer?

What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?
AAW June Siggy Challenge
My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Knottie of the Week: alikatt13

• Options
    alikatt13alikatt13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Woohoo! I've been waiting on this =D

Names of the Couple?

Alicia & Jeff

Wedding Date?

April 2011

How old are you? Your FI?

Currently, we are both 27. He just had his birthday & mine is coming up.

Occupations and dream occupations of the couple?

I'm a manager in a pet hotel, and he is a mechanic.
    A dream job for me would have to be working with exotic animals(ie: at a zoo, or an aquarium). For him it would be to have his own automotive shop, or opening his own restaurant(he's a fantastic cook!)

How long have you been dating?

3 years

Where did the you meet?

Highschool

What was your first impression of your FI?

He's  cute!

Most exciting thing about wedding planning so far?

Getting a better understanding of his likes and dislikes. And our venue!

Any wedding-related challenges yet?

Finding a caterer, and trying to stay in budget with EVERYTHING are the biggest challenges to date.

Have you gotten the dress yet? If so, pic please! If not, post some that you like!

I've gone to David's Bridal and tried on dresses, but I haven't decided yet.

Any favorite vendors yet?

Our venue, Thompson House & Gardens. Jessie is awesome!

Colors or theme?

Black & White, with purple in places where I can find it to go. Our overall theme is a little southern, but fun. We are doing everything that we want to do, so a lot of things I am DIYing.

What are your top three wedding-related priorities?

Pick a dress, find a caterer, and decide if I am going to make our invites or not.

Any children yet or furbabies?

Furbabies! 2 of them, Bandit & Joker. Bandit is a 3 year old Mainecoon kitty and Joker is a 1 year old Mainecoon mix.

Kids at wedding?

Yep. We have a lot of friends & family with small children, so it's just easier.

Where are you honeymooning?

No plans for a honeymoon at the moment.

Favorite book?

It's more of an author, Laurell K. Hamilton. I'm a fan of vampire novels.

Favorite movie?

Boondock Saints

Favorite tv show?

It's a tie between Futurama & Family Guy

Favorite wedding dress designer?

I do not have preference. As long as a dress looks good on me, I'm a-ok.

What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?

My grandfather & Jeff's grandmother. Both have passed away, so we both really wish they could be there.

That's me/us in a vey small nutshell. Enjoy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What's it like working at a pet hotel? Sounds really interesting. Do tell...what all do you have to do?

Lucky you to have a FI that can cook...less kitchen time for you. Do you cook as well?

I'm really glad that you are having a good experience with your venue so far...that can make planning a whole lot easier, I would imagine.

Thanks for sharing!
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Boondock Saints!!! Love, love, love that movie!

I have never taken my pets to a pet hotel. How is it different then regular boarding?

Great getting to know you :)
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • Options
    alikatt13alikatt13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies! Thanks for the questions!

I do cook, so we share the kitchen time. He is best at cooking breakfast, which we are big breakfast for dinner people. He can make a mean omelet!

As for my job, it's awesome in the sense I love all my regular clients. A pet hotel is a boarding facility, but it's WAY different than boarding say, with your vet. We are staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and every holiday, so the pet's are never alone. Once a vet office closes, they are by themselves until the AM staff comes in. We offer daycare and play-day's too, so we can watch dog's while you are at work =D. That is the most popular, since some companies will even pay for it, much like childcare. There isn't a whole lot to the job though. Make sure everyone is clean, happy, and healthy. I mainly work at the front desk, taking calls, answering questions, and checking pup's in and out. I love it, some days. It's no different than any job really, but I'm lucky... if I'm feeling down, or having a bad day, just walk in the back and find a friendly face Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011

So great to Read about you, Alicia!

My FI is also an amazing cook, and we are both 27 and have been dating for 3 years! lol

In our case, FI does most of the cooking, but I do cook sometimes (about 2x's a week) and I do all the baking, especially the dog treats. Yes... I make my own dog treats. Some people think that's crazy, but it is much cheaper than buying them all the time, and I know that they are made will all natural and often organic ingredients. :)

Oh, and I would also love to work in a Zoo or Aquarium. I just have a soft spot for any animal. Luckly, so does FI, so we "ooh and ahhh" together over cute animals and help any animal we see in need. We have a 55 gal fish tank at home, and it is really relaxing to watch the fish and listen to the waterfalls.

And I LOVE LKH... she is by far my favorite author. But Dean Koontz and Charlaine Harris are a close second and third :)
    Did you ever get a copy of Bullet?? I havn't yet... hopefully I can get it before the HM so I can read it on the beach <3 It is killing me though, I usually get all her books the week they come out. Saving for the wedding sucks sometimes!! lol

~Megan & Steve 10-10-10~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards