• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
October 2009 Weddings

AW: marriage license today! YAY!

Woohoo! So excited! Went with FI today in the town where our ceremony is taking place and got our marriage license! It was so quick and easy. It was great! I feel like it's so official now! I can't wait for our wedding now in only 46 days!

Re: AW: marriage license today! YAY!

• Congrats!  That is so exciting!
  • CONGRATS! Isn't it exciting? I picked mine up late last week, and it was a THRILL! i KEEP IT AT WORK SO i CAN LOOK AT IT EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE, BUT i AM TERRIFIED OF FILLING IT OUT BECAUSE i AM AFRAID i WILL MESS IT UP!
  • Whoa. Sorry bout the caps!
  • Isn't hard just to scoot downtown and do it?
  • scoot downtown and do it? do u mean why didnt i just go downtown in the town i live in and get it? Connecticut changed the rule so that u can only get ur marriage license in the town you're actually getting married in now! It sux! So we made the 45 minute roundtrip after work today and am so excited we finally have our license!
  • No, I menat just to pop over to the courthouse and get married, since you have your license! T/g we won't get ours until the day before in Las Vegas. I work across from our courthouse, and to have our license would be torture some days. I think I would have a meltdown over something stupid and just say "fork it!"
  • oh now i understand lol! ya i do in some ways just wanna get married now but i wouldnt wanna just get married at the courthouse. ive been planning this wedding for almost 17 months already, whats another 46 days? im very excited and i cant wait to get married and have a beautiful wedding!
  • We went and got ours yesterday!  I was amazed at how easy it was!  :)
  • We got ours today too!  I was super giddy at the clerk's office too, I am sure I looked ridiculous!
  • We're another couple who won't be able to get our license until the day before.  (It would be 8 hours each way to drive to MA to get the license earlier than that.)  Even worse, MA has a 3-day waiting period, which can only be waived by a court.  So we have to go to the clerk's office to apply, then to court for the waiver, then back to the clerk's office for the license.  Just what we need--another source of stress the day before the wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards