Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Outdoor wedding venues outside Philly

We are looking for an outdoor wedding facility in PA that is not listed in the usual wedding websites.  We like the idea of planning the catering and entertainment etc, because we want to make the wedding feel like our own.  Does anyone know of a place (preferably near reading, or philly) that would accommodate our ideal wedding?

Re: Outdoor wedding venues outside Philly

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Artesanos in Manayunk, you can get married outside, use your own caterer and entertainment and the space is so unique.
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Why kind of feel do you want?  Historical?  Modern?  Funky?  Rustic?  Also, about how many people are you looking to invite?

Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Price?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Abington Art Museum
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    rebeccarsteinrebeccarstein member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are looking to have a low-budget wedding, below 30K .. which seems very difficult. I'd like to find an outdoor venue that either doesn't charge a space fee, or if it does, something not too high, so that we can put our money towards more important things like food and entertainment. I want sort of a natural, semi-rustic feel...but the space also needs to have some sort of inside alternative that isn't terrible, in case of rain. Around 120 guests. I'd love something near a body of water, or at a vineyard (don't know of many in PA...def not the sand castle one, too cheesy) 
    I know this is very specific but.....if anyone knows of anything let me know! I'll look into the places that have already been mentioned. Thanks for your help!! 
  • Options
    laurak43laurak43 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe not fitting all your dreams, but we chose Villas on the Green at Riverview Country Club in Easton because it wasn't your typical ballroom.  the hall has basically 3 walls of windows so you could almost have an outside wedding even in the rain.  There is an outside gazebo too that you walk down a bridge to the ceremony spot past a large pond.  Inside polished concrete floors, vaulted ceiling with exposed beams and a stone fireplace in the center.  Prices to me seemed below the average, and great discounts for off season, fri & sun.  They have their own catering staff but I gave them a recipe I wanted them to use that wasn't on the selection and they were fine with it.  Also we found a hotel nearby that has a lounge for an after party - yay! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If your total wedding budget is 30k and you don't want to be in the city of Philadelphia, I'm going to say that I don't think staying in-budget will be very difficult at all - I definitely spent well under 30k on my wedding a year ago and felt like I actually allowed myself to splurge on quite a bit, venue included. 

I have't researched either of these benues, but I wonder if tw arboretums that get mentioned here a lot might fit the bill for you - there is Tyler Arboretum in Media and Morris Arboretum in Philly.  Again...don't know anything about either venue, just that they are pretty and seem like they might have the ambience you are looking for.

As for "rustic" venues, I was married last summer at Normandy Farm in Blue Bell, which fits that bill - it's a historic site that used to be a working farm and has since been converted into a hotel, conference center, and banuet hall.  As such, it doesn't have that "DIY" feel you want - it's a very all-inclusive venue - but if you can book them on an off day or season I think it's a fnatastic bang for your buck.  I had an amazing wedding experience with them and will rave all day about how great they were if you let me ;)  Pics of my wedding in my bio.

There are some similar venues around Philly - the Barn at Birchwood in Collegeville pops into mind.  I know there are other venues I'm not as familiar with...the Central PA board will definitely be helpful with places more out towards Reading, which ought to be more affordable.  I am just now thinking of a friend from college who was married a couple of months ago at a place called the Stone Mill Inn out near Lncaster that might fit the bill - http://www.stonemillinn.com/receptions.html. I have no idea baout pricing or what her experience was like, either, but from the photos she posted of her wedding on Facbeook it might also be on the right track.

I reiterate that 30k is a very cushy wedding budget!  Fear not....hang out in knot-land for a while and you'll find the girls here helpful, I'm sure :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's $$, but with your budget you should be okay--check out the Lake House Inn--it's on the water and lovely--it has sort of modern European hote vibe.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to recommend my venue - it's called The Old MIll in Media.  It has a gorgeous outside space, but back up plan for rain inside, cocktail hour is in a tent, but there is also a courtyard area where you can have another bar set up for cocktails too.  It is less expensive then most of the other places I looked, and though there is an exclusive caterer that you need to use, you bring in your own alcohol, so that can save some $.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards