Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Good News

MY BIL (DH's Brother) is safely back in the states from a year long tour in Afghanistan.  He was one of our best men in the wedding but was unable to be here with us. His wife was a bridesmaid and read the best man speech he had prepared.   We're so happy he's back now and will be returning home to his wife and his 5 month old daughter in Denver next week!
Photobucket

Re: Good News

• Options
    edited December 2011
    that just brought tears to my eyes.  i am so glad hes home safe.
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yay! If you see him, tell him thank you:) (from me- im sure you already will. sorry, i should have been more specific)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw, yay!  Glad he's home safe.
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH's mom called him this morning in tears.  I just got off the phone with her, she's so relieved.  I know his wife must be so happy to that he'll be home with her and the baby for good now.  He came home in August for a couple of weeks when he got news his wife was in labor.  That's why he couldn't come to the wedding since he took the time rather to meet his only child....which we obviously understood!  I just wish they lived closer so that we could be there for the welcome home ceremony.  We have a family trip planned in March but I"m still trying to figure out my finances before I can say I can definitely go.  Either way, they'll be here in April for other BIL's wedding.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wonderful news!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awwww, I got goosebumps!  That's great news.  I'm so happy he's home safe and sound to his family.  

Is he done now?  I couldn't handle that stress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    this gave me chills! So happy to hear he is back in the states safe and sound!
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Wonderful news, Stacy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is great news!!! Congrats :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm hoping he's done now.  Although, he's already been in Iraq twice and we thought he was done after that.  He went right back though a few short years.  It's his career and maybe it's easier to understand where he's coming from if put like that.

My hope is that since his daughter is here now, his priorities have changed a little bit.  I do respect him and every other person in the military for being able to put the needs of his/her country in front of their own personal needs but I secretly hope that this baby will change his perspective.  I would never say that to anyone IRL though.  This is my own personal feeling.  It's scary and I know how difficult it has been for his wife.  Anyone who loves someone over there knows what I mean, I think.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What AWESOME news!  This is such fantastic news, Stac!  I am so happy for you and the family!  Many prayers were answered for his safe return.  Yay!!!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies!  MBR, you're right about those answered prayers!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Such great news!! Glad he is home safe and hope he is home for good this time :-)
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hizzah! So glad he's back safe and sound. My best friend went into the army after high school, and was on tour 4 times (Iraq twice and Afgan. twice). I can totally understand the nervousness until they are back safe and sound.

Here's hoping he doesn't get sent back over and can spend some amazing/quality time with his new lil girl and wife!
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AND............I'm realizing we can take down the Yellow Ribbon tied to the front door!!  We've been waiting to do this for an entire year!  I'm going to wait for DH to get home from work so he can do the honors.  Unfortunately I have the stomach flu b/c our plan was to take a shot of Colorado Whiskey in BIL's honor when this day finally came.  I guess Dh will have to take mine for me :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This gave me goosebumps too.  I obiviously have a soft spot for military (I work for the military, FI is military).  Our motta at work is Help to Bring a soldier home, which I try to remember whenever I get frustrated at work.

Thank him for us, being military is such a selfless act.  Glad he's home safe and can be with his family, and especially the little one. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww that is such good news! Co workers son just left for there last week, she wears the yellow pin every day. So glad he's back home and safe.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Stacy - take the shot maybe it will kill the bug ;)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_good-news-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:50708691-835c-4cdf-92a4-2831d7c00a55Post:d9b3bfc3-28c9-4573-9426-06c054daf094">Re: Good News</a>:
    [QUOTE]Stacy - take the shot maybe it will kill the bug ;)
    Posted by nicole8586[/QUOTE]

That's what J is gonna say lol.  Also, it's funny you called it a bug.  This has been a helluva month.  Waiting for February!!!!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_good-news-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:50708691-835c-4cdf-92a4-2831d7c00a55Post:d62a29e2-502f-4c74-9254-5b04220e83ef">Re: Good News</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good News : That's what J is gonna say lol.  Also, it's funny you called it a bug.  This has been a helluva month.  Waiting for February!!!!
    Posted by Stacylynn702[/QUOTE]

Is this your 4th sick day now? I don't think these should count since you got sick from work!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nicole, I wish!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    this is fantastic news!  YAYAYYA!
    Mrs. JEGs