Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Response Card Question

So I would like to order invitations this week sometime, but I'm stuck on what to do for the response card. 

We are offering two different choices: Filet Mignon or Stuff Chicken.  We only know two or three people invited that are vegetarians and we will let them know there is a vegetarian option. 

EDIT:  My Venue will need to at least know how many of each meal are going to each table.  So I may I have one invitation for my aunt uncle and their kids (not ordering kid's meals), but the kids may be at another table. 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Response Card Question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't give instructions people just put a x next to what then wanted. For the family responses people would put the number next to how many for each dish.
  • Options
    jackieminotjackieminot member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

#1- much easier to count!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_response-card-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:5230b9ed-48ba-4428-b293-153428f45934Post:a574e7f6-87fb-4fe6-862e-8066267885da">Re: Response Card Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't give instructions people just put a x next to what then wanted. For the family responses people would put the number next to how many for each dish.
    Posted by nicole8586[/QUOTE]

What did you do for families that the parents and kids weren't sitting together?  For instance I my aunt and uncle will be at one table and most likely my cousins (14, 15 and 17 so not kid's meals) will be at another. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Our venues may be different but I don't have to know where the meal is going, they will come around and ask the night of. I just need an estimate of what people what so they can prepare.

• Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    Good point Nicole.  I added more information to the OP.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Do you have a lot of families like that? if not I think you can ask that family to do initials. Although I have never seen instructions on a response card before, maybe you can just give phone calls to see who wants what after for them?

• Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_response-card-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:5230b9ed-48ba-4428-b293-153428f45934Post:f22bf409-696c-461c-b859-a1a08019aafa">Re: Response Card Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you have a lot of families like that? if not I think you can ask that family to do initials. Although I have never seen instructions on a response card before, maybe you can just give phone calls to see who wants what after for them?
    Posted by nicole8586[/QUOTE]

Most of my cousin's are older so they will get their own invitation.  I think I'll take your advice and just call those families that will have more then two people. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    On mine we asked for them to initial next to their choice because we needed to know for their place cards. I would say 88% got it right, 12% ended up putting a number or an "x" or a smilie-face (true story). We just had to call them and ask -- it wasn't that big of a deal. Hopefully those with kids would read the instructions and then you don't even have to worry about it for families that are at the same table.
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I asked people to initial what they were getting. For the most part everything was okay, but I did have to ask a few people who just wrote numbers instead.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't give instructions.  Most people wrote numbers.  The only ones who put an x were single.  It's not that hard though, if there's only an x next to one on a couples invite, I'd just assume they both want that.  My venue had servers come around and ask people what they ordered though.  That made it easy on us.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards