Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Where to take photos after the ceremony in Phoenixville area??

Hi Ladies,
I am trying to figure out where to take our pictures after the ceremony which is in Kimberton. The reception is in Phoenixville so anywhere in that area will work. We drove around a few times but didnt really find anything other than the Washington Memorial Chapel which I fell in love with then found out another bride already has that reserved so we can't go there. Anyone have any ideas?? We have about 2 hours. TIA!

Re: Where to take photos after the ceremony in Phoenixville area??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How close is your reception site to collegeville ? I am getting married at rivercrest golf club and we might go in to the small town 5 min up the road !
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Where is your reception at in Phoenixville? 

There is a park in Phoenixville you can go to, which has some nice grass and benches and trees!

If you're by Robert Ryan's catering, there are train tracks you can have pictures taken on. They do get used, but my sister had some of her pictures on there and they looked awesome!

There is also another park, I'm trying to think of the name but it has left me for a second. Ugh! Well to get there you have to take a right at the light where Produce Junction is and go through the streets that way. It's where the trail is, but for some pictures outside that might be nice.

ETA: I just looked at your bio, your reception site is gorgeous!! There are some nice pictures that could be even taken outside of the building!

What about in front of the wall mural by Molly Macquire's? That would be for something different.
    ~* Diana *~ ~* October 9, 2010 *~

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Anniversary

• Options
    kcsunshyn8kcsunshyn8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey-I actually grew up in Kimberton and just got our engagement pictures at the covered bridge that is across the street from my parents house. It was great for pictures! Where in Kimberton is your ceremony?  Not sure if the owner would let you but there is also a really pretty pond and water mill on the grounds of Kimerton Inn. If you ask the ower he may let you(prob depends on what kind of mood he is in!)  Let me know if you need more suggestions!
  • Options
    hs0511hs0511 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey! I'm also getting married at RiverCrest in Pheonixville, and we are planning to take a quick trick up the highway to Valley Forge National Park for pics (weather pending!)
    Hope that helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Valley Forge. It's a gorgeous park and is only about 10 minutes outside of PVille.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The town of Collegeville, in all honesty, is not really all that cute for pictures (I used to live there). Phoenixville is way cuter, in my opinion.
    ~* Diana *~ ~* October 9, 2010 *~

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_photos-after-ceremony-phoenixville-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:540c1ecd-5e40-4a24-990e-43a68e959d39Post:d21f7138-b44a-4ad7-8478-f57d7025a54a">Re: Where to take photos after the ceremony in Phoenixville area??</a>:
    [QUOTE]The town of Collegeville, in all honesty, is not really all that cute for pictures (I used to live there). Phoenixville is way cuter, in my opinion.
    Posted by DLLadybug[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I live near here and it is nicer than Collegeville.

Maybe you can take a walk down the Perkiomen Trail as well? Great scenery!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for all of your responses. We are having our ceremony at St basil the great in Kimberton its on Kimberton road not far from the Kimberton Inn.

I haven't seen the railroads at Robert Ryans, I will need to check them out.

Where is the covered bridge at? Is it private? Sounds very pretty!

I will have to check out the trail. Thank you so much!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The covered bridge would make for some great pics! It isn't private but it is a 1 lane bridge on a 2 way street. I believe the bridge is on Rapps Dam Road. It is sort of in between Kimberton and Phoenixville. Good Luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    what about pics at the Phoenixville Foundry?  I know they do weddings, so I guess it would be contingent on if there's another wedding taking place, but it's a really cool place and there's a lot of spots that could work.  Also, just walking down Main St, Phoenixville could work, it's an adorable little street with cool windows and displays.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards