Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Venue help!

Hellio fellow philadelphians...

i got engaged about a month ago and I am trying to begin my wedding planning but Ii am having a realy hard time. between a mother with too many opinions and a guest list that is larger than I expected I can't seem to find the right place.

Can you give me any recommendations for reception venues in philadelphia that can host 200 people for a cost that isn't a veritable down payment for a house?? I am beginning to think that this doesn;t exist...

Re: Venue help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What's your approximate per person budget?
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our reception at the Inn at Penn. 
    Ditto what LRM asked, what's your per person budget?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    cpianticpianti member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don;t really have a settled budget but im shooting for anout 160 per person in total..which i thought was extravangant, but the more i look, i realized just how expensive these things are!
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Are you looking at a Friday or Sunday?

Off season or peak season

Look at the Manor House @ Commonwealth
    http://www.commonwealthmanor.com/weddings.html

image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You have a lot of options for $160/person.  Where have you looked?  What style are you going for, ballroom, museum...?  When you say "in Philadelphia", do you mean in the city or are the burbs included in that?  You can definitely do a city wedding on a Saturday in your price range, no doubt.  I did for much less than that.

I'm going to suggest to you what I did for myself.  Go to a bookstore and get a venue guide.  Most Philadelphia wedding magazines have one in the back.  There you can find venues in the Philadelpiha area and many of them include price ranges.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    cpianticpianti member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone ever heard of the venue tendenza in northern liberties? i have been hearing great things about it but i haven;t gotten a chance to check it out yet..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We chose Drexelbrook in Drexel Hill... costs about $100-$120 per person. Depends on which day and which entree you pick though. Good luck!
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I'm not mistaken, Tendenza is Cescaphe.  They're on the higher end pricewise but totally worth it b/c they offer enough food to feed a small country.  I'm not sure of their prices though.   I almost picked the Ballroom.  Tendenza wasn't open when I was searching.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards