• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
October 2009 Weddings

Yay, all paid off!

So, DH and I paid for our entire wedding ourselves (with the exception of $1000 from his dad and his mom paying for the rehearsal dinner), in cash. No credit. We saved and budgeted and just made the final payment to the caterer last evening, and are now officially done paying for the wedding! It feels soooooo good that we were able to do that. It was really important test for us and our financial future as a couple and we passed with flying colors! Now to save for our big cross-country move, having babies, buying a house, etc. Yay us!
imageimageimage
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Greater Than the Sum of Its Parts: best of me + best of him = best baby ever (we hope).
~ Peas & Carrots with Ruby20! ~
After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, we finally got our BFP with IVF/ICSI!
EDD 8/21/12, DOB 8/28/12

Re: Yay, all paid off!

• Oh, AND I paid off my credit card in August after years of trying to get rid of it because the interest was so high. Sweet!
    imageimageimage
    Greater Than the Sum of Its Parts: best of me + best of him = best baby ever (we hope).
    EDD 8/21/12, DOB 8/28/12
  • That has to be a fantastic feeling!  I know it is--there was a giant load off our shoulders when we made the final (giant) payment to the restaurant the night of).  Cross country move?
    Matt loves Munkii!!!
  • Congrats!  All of our wedding was paid off before hand... I don't think our vendors would have showed up if it wasn't!  But, we did get some help from my mom/stepdad and DH's parents, so that helped.  We paid for 1/3, maybe, plus HM.We're also working on a debt consolodation loan that should get paid off next year, especially now that we're not saving every penny for the wedding!  Woo hoo for being awesome!
  • munkii: We are trying to move to san francisco from NYC some time this coming year. It's just a better siutation for us with his mom in the East Bay when we are ready to have those babies. It's also better weather and not such a rat-race like living in NYC is! :)
    imageimageimage
    EDD 8/21/12, DOB 8/28/12
  • It is a good feeling. We paid for nearly everything ourselves (and we would have paid everything if it hadn't been for my mom's need to contribute). I was so glad that we saved and paid it off. I only have my car payment and my student loans to pay off now. Yay.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Way to go! Ours is paid off as well, and it feels good. I also recently (May) paid off $75,000 in school loans. We're planning to move from Boston to San Francisco next fall - and driving cross country as well! We can't wait.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards