Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

sad vent...don't take people for granted

I've been trying to sleep but can't. A grade school friend of mine died last night, 26 years old. She went to the doctor's 3 weeks ago for stomach pains. Blood work was done and she was admitted to Penn. A week later she was diagnosed with cancer, lymphoma. Apparently it's an extremely aggresive cancer...within a few days her kidney's started failing and she was on dialysis. Then I found out she died last night in her sleep- it was too aggressive and her organs just shut down. 

She was my first friend when I moved to PA in elementary school. I have vivid memories of her and I playing dress up and singing all the time. We lost contact after high school...she went to London for her Masters, i moved to San Diego for my J.D....our parents still in touch.

She was supposed to be a maid of honor in her best friends wedding this summer. I just can't stop crying. I mean it could be anyone of us. I can't stop thinking about her parents and siblings, or about how much we take life for granted. At least I do- the stupid fights everyday with my sister, or my mom/dad. Taking things out on my husband who is 3000 miles away....I feel like this has really opened my eyes. I dont know how to deal with death very well, i haven't had much experience. I never met my dad's parents and my mom's parents died before I was 5.  It's just crazy, horrific to think about this whole situation.  One day you can be fine and the next day- you just never know  Cry    

Please say a prayer for her family.
Braxton & Lizzie 10.9.10 Photobucket

Re: sad vent...don't take people for granted

• Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry you're going through this and it's so sad for your friends family.  I had a similar experience.  A few years ago, one of my students parents took her to the doctor b/c they thought she had a lazy eye.  Turned out it was a symptom of a tumor in her brain.  She passed a year later, she was 5.  So many things happen that we can't understand and I had an awful time dealing with this.  I finally came to the realization that we can't have all of the answers and we just have to have faith that everything happens for a reason and that when people are taken away from us, young or old, that it's because they're being taken to a better place.  I finally found comfort in that belief and I stand by it even if it's just for my own peace.  I'll be thinking of you and your friends family Brizzie.  Take care of yourself please.  Things like this hit hard, I know.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.  T&Ps with you and her family.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry you're dealing with this on top of everything else you have going on.  It is hard to lose a loved one, especially so sudden.  Thoughts and prayers to you and yoru friend's family.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry for your loss. 
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    teacup0618teacup0618 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So sorry for your loss. T&P.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry to hear about this.  :(

{{{brizzie}}}
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brizzie - this is a small small world - I was debating writing about this yesterday afternoon - I am a school friend of her younger sister and found out yesterday.

I am so sorry for your loss as well. I've sent tons of T&P to her family (and continue to do so) - but I'd like to send them to you too - for your loss and the hope that you continue on your newfound realization - I had a similar reaction and I didn't even know her - I just know how hard it is and will be for her sister, and how short of a life she was able to enjoy.

Keep her memory alive by remembering those shared, silly, fun, whimsical moments as children.
    ::hugs::
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    Sorry for your loss. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks for all of your support. It's just been a really rough day. Went to stop by her parents house tonight and visited for 2 1/2 hours listening to her mom tell me, my sister, and my mom every detail of the past few weeks. It was just devastating. How strong her mom must be to be able to talk about it. I think she really needed us there to have someone listen to her.

FutureMrs- wow, extremely small world. My younger sister is friends with her younger sister too. they've also been friends since elementary school through high school.  Be strong for cait.  

I'm trying to be strong for everyone. Its going to be an enormous funeral this weekend.
    Braxton & Lizzie 10.9.10 Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards