Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Centerpiece helppp..

I really could care less about flowers. I want to have pretty, simple centerpieces without spending tons of cash. Getting married at Knowlton (picture below) - which has very tall ceilings. Even tho we'll have a bunch more tables than in the pic, I'm afraid my simple centerpieces will make the room feel empty.

Thinking of doing 1/2 tables with lanterns, candles, and a small vase of greenery.  And the other 1/2 with a simple arrangement like the ones below (substitute the yellow flowers for white and green only) or simple white tulips in a clear glass vase w/votives surrounding. Trying to decide w/the florist buuuuut I have no clue. Think I need something higher for the room?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Centerpiece helppp..

• Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

What you have is beautiful....

Did you look into branchy centerpieces, I love them

http://tinyurl.com/3wuyj49

Alright I am off to meet Jillian...wish me luck everyone!

image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tall centerpieces get pricey.... even if you rent the vase and use non-flowers (branches, feathers, etc).

Have you thought about playing with lighting to add to the room?  Accent the height of the ceiling?  Uplighting and gobos will likely be cheaper overall than doing a bunch of big centerpieces. 

Is budget a concern, or are you willing to pay extra to get the look you want?  I kind of assumed in my advice above.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thankyou :) Branches were my 1st choice (but I'm indecisive as hell and can NOT make up my mind) - would u do those instead of the lanterns? or flowers?

good luck w/jillian!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Id do them instead of the low flowers

You can still incorporate flowers and candles into them :-)

Thank you!
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ehh. Budget is a concern, I guess it's a little flexible but I wanna spend less $$ and still have it look great. I'm doing the branch break-up pattern/color wash on the dancefloor and tons of white candles everywhere for a little romance. buuut no uplighting... that's a good point though, you're right, prob cheaper than flowers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jessica0602jessica0602 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A friend of a friend got married there on Halloween in 2009.  She did a lot of pumpkin accents, including centerpieces.  Maybe try for something seasonal?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks jess, i bet it was so pretty in the fall.

Ours is in May - a spring wedding - and I'm going for a fresh vintage garden theme. so i was thinking the lanterns were kind of seasonal (found them at ikea and Home Goods for cheap) Also I think tulips or wildflowers/greens are seasonal. I love the branch idea but green is my accent color so I really want to make the tables pop with some color.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jessica0602jessica0602 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Gerbera daisies and fruit are a really neat mix.  I went to a wedding with these as centerpieces and they looked really cool.  Different size vases with apples (in season) stacked or arranged and a few daisies peeking out.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Jessica, I love that CP idea.  If I didn't have mine picked out.... I would totally steal that.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards