• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
December 2009 Weddings

One tiered wedding cake?

Would a one tiered wedding cake be okay?  We're having a very small wedding, and I was wondering if it would be okay do have maybe one or two sheet cakes decorated really pretty?

Re: One tiered wedding cake?

• Of course! It's your wedding girl. Do what your heart desires. As long as the cake is yummy no one will care. That said, depending where you get the cakes from there may be no price difference between a sheet cake and a small 2 tier cake.It all just depends what you want.
    Photobucket
  • I agree with PP, it's your wedding, you can do whatever you want. That being said, how small is small?  If it's around 25 or so, than I see no reason not to do a sheet cake.  If it's more like 75 or 100, then IMHO tiers would be 'expected' by your guests.  Not saying that you need to fulfill guest expectation, just something to consider.  Your guests are there to see you, but the cake has become a standard wedding tradition. Another option you may want to consider is cupcakes. Bottom line is still - it's your wedding, do what you want to do!
  • Like everyone else said, do what you want.We're only having about 50 guests and what we are doing is this.Having a small 3 tier traditional white wedding cake. Then we are doing two small sheet cakes as well. One in the design of an underwater reef and the other is a beach/rainforest. The baker doing our cakes has an awesome artist on hand so we're really taking advantage of that :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards