• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
December 2009 Weddings

Guest Sign In Book?

Hi girls,I love Robert Frost poetry and always have (my family knows this).  My mom gave me an illustrated book of the poem "Stopping by the woods on a Snowy Evening."  I love it, and I thought that having guests sign on the pages of the book would be perfect because I take it out every year to put on the coffee table at Christmas-time.  If I put a little expanation of this in a frame next to the book, with a pen, and have people sign it, do you think that would work and be cute?  If you don't know the poem here it is:Whose woods these are I think I know.His house is in the village, though;He will not see me stopping hereTo watch his woods fill up with snow.My little horse must think it queerTo stop without a farmhouse nearBetween the woods and frozen lakeThe darkest evening of the year.He gives his harness bells a shakeTo ask if there is some mistake.The only other sound's the sweepOf easy wind and downy flake.The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,But I have promises to keep,And miles to go before I sleep,And miles to go before I sleep.

Re: Guest Sign In Book?

• I think that's great! (I love Robert Frost's poetry as well!)
  • I love that idea! I just hope you won't mind writing all over the pictures! We're making a photobook for our guests to sign, so it's a kind of similar idea. I think your guests will love your idea, and obviously it will mean a lot to you. Plus the poem goes well for a winter wedding. :o)
  • We studied that poem in Ethics and I'm pretty sure it's about suicide. Maybe you should double check that before you use it for your wedding.
  • I just read my reply and realized it sounded a bit snotty, sorry. Here's a link if you want to check it out. Personally, I'm a bit superstitious and am trying to avoid certain things (it's driving my fiance nuts, by the way lol). http://www.sparknotes.com/poetry/frost/section10.rhtml http://www.english.illinois.edu/maps/poets/a_f/frost/woods.htm "At issue, of course, is really whether or not he will be able to "keep" his life."
  • Hi!There are so many different intepretations of the poem, and I never interpreted it that way- always interpreted it as a love of nature and that life is a journey.  I'm not superstitious really, so I'm fine with it.  Thank you for your thoughtfulness though, but I love the poem and the book and I think that I'm going to keep the idea.  :) 
  • Ok, cool. The poem does paint a beautiful picture!
  • I dunno...I don't get what it has to do with you and FI. It seems like it's just for you.
  • Oh, forgot to mention we are both school teachers, so doing a poem/ book would be really cute, that's another reason to do it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards