Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

What's for dinner?

Re: What's for dinner?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I made eggplant parm over the weekend that I can bring in for lunch this week :)

I'm not really sure about dinners.  In no particular order, I'll probably make:
    Shrimp alfredo or scampi (healthy, huh?)
    Marinated flank steak w/veggies
    Bacalao for hubby (NMS, I'll be eating a sandwitch probably)
    Bfast for dinner... spinach/cheese omelet yum!
    Probably grab take out one night.
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oo whats your eggplant parm recipe? is it easy?

Tonight- Chicken Casserole with left over crock pot chicken
    Tomorrow- Sushi with a friend! whoop! (apparently she found sweet potatoe sushi which I've been dying to find near me since I had amazing ones at Oishi)
    Wenesday- Carmel Apple Pork Chops
    Thursday- whatever we can grab quickly before the knottie gtg :)
    Friday- maybe salmon
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_whats-dinner-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:57df00f6-a449-46d6-a40e-138dda55c35dPost:7f9cc6dd-a0a1-4620-b217-46f8981c1541">Re: What's for dinner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]oo whats your eggplant parm recipe? is it easy?
    Posted by Jesster153[/QUOTE]

I made it easy, not sure if it's the "right" way to do it  :)  I peeled and sliced eggplant, then salted it and let it sit for about 20mins while I was cooking other stuff.  Wipe the salt and moisture off the eggplant, dip in egg and breadcrumbs then fried in a little olive oil to brown.  When they were done browning, I layered eggplant, mozzarella, parmesan and seasonings (I used garlic, oregano, pepper), and continued until I was out of eggplant.  Then baked at about 350-400 degrees (I cant remember exactly, but it was high) for 15mins to get the cheese melted.
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going to be honest and say I have NO idea at all what we are going to eat this week haha. I was thinking maybe some turkey chili since these next two weeks are busy for us and I don't feel like cooking every night.
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    somes good to me MH! haha I'll have to try this....eggplant parm is my favorite so I should learn to make it myself
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have nothing to add.... I'm not cooking at all this week!  I have something every night except wednseday, and DH has something that night.

Last night I did make a chicken pot pie that was pretty good. (29 points for the whole thing WW ladies.  Portioned it into quarters at 7 points a serving.)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MH - I'm making your shrimp fra diavolo tonight!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_whats-dinner-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:57df00f6-a449-46d6-a40e-138dda55c35dPost:472e8aa9-3628-4184-93bf-7ad5c4f63709">Re: What's for dinner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]MH - I'm making your shrimp fra diavolo tonight!
    Posted by taccoten[/QUOTE]

Good luck!  It's really easy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards