Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Wednesday: AW, Vent, Confessions, Open Letters...

Re: Wednesday: AW, Vent, Confessions, Open Letters...

• Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AW:  I am having my first fitting on my dress after work tonight!  Yay!

Vent:  I am picking up 2 of my bridesmaids' dresses, and of course it has to be raining.  Boo to the rain.

Confession:  I watched all of Darren Criss' videos on YouTube, including his covers of Disney songs and Duck Tales.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    Confession:  I've been slacking on going to the gym.  I'm so lazy lately.  I need to get back into it.

Vent:  I'm mad that I never found my phone.  Now I have to use my really old phone and the battery doesn't even last a full day. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Confession - when everyone was talking about the "holiday" monday, my first thought was Pi day!  (3.14) But I knew you gals aren't nerdy like me... so I'm glad I asked what the heck y'all were talking about!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    AW: FI accepted a new job and will be starting in April. (yay for a job with an awesome bonus!!!)

AW #2: I have found my wedding dress. I am not willing to commit yet since the wedding is super far away but I just know its it =)
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wednesday-aw-vent-confessions-open-letters?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:5a092070-bbb3-4024-8297-732fa76ab5dfPost:2b868cbc-284c-4b69-9e14-76829784c9ae">Re: Wednesday: AW, Vent, Confessions, Open Letters...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession - when everyone was talking about the "holiday" monday, my first thought was Pi day!  (3.14) But I knew you gals aren't nerdy like me... so I'm glad I asked what the heck y'all were talking about!
    Posted by mana8503[/QUOTE]

Some of my math teachers in high school would bring in a pie for us on 3/14.  That is the first holiday I always think of, but my FI reminds me of the other one. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wednesday-aw-vent-confessions-open-letters?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:5a092070-bbb3-4024-8297-732fa76ab5dfPost:97d61b1e-f7a8-401f-9bca-7eaf4b83e085">Re: Wednesday: AW, Vent, Confessions, Open Letters...</a>:
    [QUOTE]AW: FI accepted a new job and will be starting in April. (yay for a job with an awesome bonus!!!) <strong>AW #2: I have found my wedding dress. I am not willing to commit yet since the wedding is super far away but I just know its it =)
    </strong>Posted by jackiebean26[/QUOTE]

Pics please??

And congrats to FI! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    GREAT AW Jackie! You're getting married Oct 6th, 2012 too right?

Amy - haha glad I'm not the only one.  I work with mostly Mathematicians so we all knew, but on a Monday after Daylight Saving, no one brought pie!
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vent: We have this awful computer system in our company that all of the sales people are forced to use to enter possible targets and the samples we send. We get b*tched at for not entering enough stuff ALL THE TIME - which the company thinks means that when people other than us work our territory, they have no clue what's going on. Well, I had someone work with me yesterday and had EVERYTHING entered. What does the jerk do? Not look at any of it! And then he writes an email to my managers saying (in a round about way) that nothing was done. Well, if he looked at the stupid system he would see that it ALL was done. He made me look like a slacker, but in order to combat that, I have to look like the jerk. Grrr! I hate people that don't do their jobs!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wednesday-aw-vent-confessions-open-letters?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:5a092070-bbb3-4024-8297-732fa76ab5dfPost:2b868cbc-284c-4b69-9e14-76829784c9ae">Re: Wednesday: AW, Vent, Confessions, Open Letters...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession - when everyone was talking about the "holiday" monday, my first thought was Pi day!  (3.14) But I knew you gals aren't nerdy like me... so I'm glad I asked what the heck y'all were talking about!
    Posted by mana8503[/QUOTE]

I work with math departments. I bought SO many pizzas and printed SO many Pi Day flyers to hand out on Monday! I totally thought that was the holiday too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I'm really not looking forward to this baby shower today.

I confess that I saw pictures of us from the polar bear plunge and broke down in tears. I'm soooo not happy with how much my body changed from before I had DD. Actually, I'm tearing up now and it's killing me. My self esteem is shot, and right now, I'm insanely thankful for FI who tells me he loves me no matter what... but I can't help but notice how I always pull away whenever he tries to put his hand on my stomach when we're going to bed. I don't want to be that wife... and I'm really coming to a scary revelation that if I don't get myself in better shape, my gestational diabetes is almost guaranteed to turn into full blown diabetes. That scares me.  
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    Bean - man I wish we did Pizza Monday!

Dear Photobucket/Theknot,
    ONE of you was not cooperating last night when I tried to put my awesomely cool St patty's day pic in my siggy.  YOU SUCK!

Love,
    Girl without a siggy pic!
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    I completely half-assed my hair this morning.  I am currently wearing it in a ponytail with my bangs slicked back and a white bow.  I took one look at the weather and realized it wasn't worth the time or effort.

I also wish there was a law saying tractor trailers had to stay in the far right hand land when it rains.  I hate trying to pass them and fighting through all their tire spray!
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wednesday-aw-vent-confessions-open-letters?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:5a092070-bbb3-4024-8297-732fa76ab5dfPost:a804ae0d-1790-48b5-8dff-d47a7a8505a1">Re: Wednesday: AW, Vent, Confessions, Open Letters...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I'm really not looking forward to this baby shower today. I confess that I saw pictures of us from the polar bear plunge and broke down in tears. I'm soooo not happy with how much my body changed from before I had DD. Actually, I'm tearing up now and it's killing me. My self esteem is shot, and right now, I'm insanely thankful for FI who tells me he loves me no matter what... but I can't help but notice how I always pull away whenever he tries to put his hand on my stomach when we're going to bed. I don't want to be that wife... and I'm really coming to a scary revelation that if I don't get myself in better shape, my gestational diabetes is almost guaranteed to turn into full blown diabetes. That scares me.  
    Posted by paprika28[/QUOTE]

I feel this way about my body and I didn't have a baby. 

Just look at your picture that you submitted for the P2P contest.... you look hot!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mana- yupp, same day!!  oct 6th =)

the top of the dress is embroidered lace and the bottom is silk organza. it is super light.

October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    AWE PAPRIKA!  I feel the same way.  This time last year, I was 20 lbs lighter.   J always tells me he loves me and doesn't see a difference, but I too hate when he touches my belly or love handles.  He said he loves my curves, and always tells me when we watch SYTTD I should show off my curves in my wedding dress.  I want to relose those 20 lbs at least before I go dress shopping but crap always gets in my way.  J's surgery, my bday, this week is this crap infection on my knee.  We need to motivate each other.  I want to jump to it when I get back from the cruise.  I was thinking about starting WW when I move... would you want to do it with me?
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    jackie - you look like a princess!!! I love it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    Jackie - OMG LOVE your dress you look GREAT!  I only remembered your date because you booked Hoffer.. and I was like well there goes that date.  But we ended up going with Mike Landis.
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jackie, that is beautiful!  So romantic!!
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jackie - Your dress is beautiful!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks Amy:)

Mana, I totally will. We need to be dead serious about it. I mean, full on calling & bugging the hell out of each other to make sure we're both on track.

Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Confession: I JUST noticed that we have a Jaimebean and a Jackiebean. And me, just a Bean. Wow.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would like to AW my husband:  I have the worst luck with laptop power cords.  The that came with my computer stopped working and a couple months ago we ordered a new one.  Last week, that stopped working too.

Last night my husband took both of them apart to create a new, working power cord for me (or as I call it, FrankenCord).

I love him and his skills :)
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    Paprika - I'm down!  I think if I bug, and have someone else bug me I'll be better. 
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    >>Confession: I JUST noticed that we have a Jaimebean and a Jackiebean. And me, just a Bean. Wow. <<

haha, we have an excessive Bean situation here. ;)
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    Mana and Paprika-  If you decide to do WW try to attend meetings.  I feel like it makes you more accountable if you need to have someone weigh you in each week. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    Amy - that's why i'm waiting to do it.  I'm going to move End of May-ish and would like to find meetings there.  Which will be close to Paprika too if she decides to join me. 
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congrats jackie! (and love the dress)

I confess I'm bummed that we decided to wait on getting a dog :(  We loved the breeder we met but after putting all the expenses together we decided it was better to wait until next march so we'd be able to save up and be better financially ready for it. Even though it was the smart decision- I'm still sad I have to wait even longer

Aw: I'm so excited to see our bestman/best friend this weekend!! yay!! and secretly hoping I see one of the Real Housewives of Atlanta while we're there hahah
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mana- Yuppers. I think that sounds great. I used to dance 5-7 nights a week, and then on top of that, I was teaching swimming lessons and working at a hardware store selling/loading appliances and working in receiving. Once I got KU, I had to stop teaching lessons b/c the kids were constantly kicking me in the stomach & I was getting sick while teaching. I wasn't allowed to work in receiving anymore, and my mom & I don't talk much anymore, so I don't dance with her. Ever. That's a lot of the issue. I was working out without realizing it. Now, I'm in a sedentary position at work, DD doesn't really allow for dancing much anymore, and for the life of me, I can't get a job teaching again! They're giving the positions to all the high school swim team kids, even though I taught for 4 years. Grr.  

Amer- I have the worst luck with powercords for my laptop too. I had an old Toshiba and went through 6 power cords in 3 years.

So far, I'm good on my HP, and it's been a year. But the connector is a little bent, so we'll see how much longer it lasts.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    AW: The jewelry that I ordered from Etsy for my BM came in the other day... and it's GORGEOUS!  I got 5 different necklaces from the same Etsy designer (PiperBlue) so they're all similar, but not the same... just like their dresses.  All different dresses, but out of the same fabric. 
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    Paprika - yea usually the best is when you don't think you're working out.  I was in a lot of sports etc as a kid, and at college we walked everywhere and I had more time for the gym.  Then I started my deskjob and gained 15 lbs.  I lost 25, gained 20 back so I get frustrated I feel like I'm back at square one.  So when I get back, we'll start really bugging each other?! 
    my 2012 shelf:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards