Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Reception Venue HELP!

Hi all, I guess I have to start figuring out where I want our wedding.  I need some good recommendations, in or around Philadelphia or South Jersey. Our wedding will be about 100 people and my budget is $120-$130 pp has to include everything. We want to be able to get married there, and we were thinking spring of next year. So far I have one venue meeting set up at the Glen Foerd Mansion and the only other place I was looking at was the Hotel Dupont.

Any and all suggestions welcome, also, trying to avoid the hotel route, we are willing to do a Friday night wedding in the offseason to keep the prices down.

Thanks!

Re: Reception Venue HELP!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married at The Mansion in Voorhees NJ.  I got a discount for having it on Friday and meals, cake, alcohol, linens, tax and grat were included in my price.  They have ceremony space on site too.
    http://www.mansiononmainstreet.com/

Also check out Lucien's Manor http://www.luciensmanor.com/

And, the Merion http://www.themerion.com/

• Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're already considereing Hotel Dupont, I highly recommend checking out Brantwyn Estate at the Dupont Country Club. With 100 guests, you might be a little shy of the minimum for Saturday evening, but I know they have different minimums for Friday night, and they have multiple options for on-site ceremony.
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

When I was looking for my wedding venue, I went to 19 places before I found the one. THE ONE is a hotel so I wont discuss that but here are some that would be in your price range... as our price range was $100....

-DuPont Country Club
    -Greenville Country Club (they were out slightly of our range so they may be PERFECT for yours)
    -The Chase Center (a top choice for me)
    -Penn Oaks Country Club (recently re did and gorgeous)
    -Harry Savoys (too small for our 200-230 guest list)

If you go to my bio, then click venue search.. I have some pictures of each venue...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Just saw MH's response.. We went to the a wedding at The Merion, it was amazing! But I think there prices for a Saturday are closer to $150 (atleast for the wedding we went too) but Friday might be cheaper... :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our budget was about $100pp, here are some of the other places we looked before settling on ours:
    William Penn Inn (Fridays reasonably priced)
    Cedarbrook Country Club
    Concord Country Club
    Plymouth Country Club (a little pricier, but one of the nicest places we looked at, and good incentives, esp. if you go with a Friday)
    We booked with Warrington Country Club and I could not be happier that I held out and did not book sooner with one of the other places :)
    All of these places include most everything, you can search for them all on here.
    Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    luvdelilahluvdelilah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The College of Physicians/Mutter Museum.  Definitely not a hotel location and they have space for you to have your ceremony. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Since you've already looked in Delaware, I highly recommend White Clay Creek Country Club.  My sister got married there last august and they did an awesome job.  She paid between $90-$100 per person (with a filet mignon option) on a Saturday night and that rate includes everything ...even floral centerpieces!  It also comes with free night stay at the Hilton down the street and a round of golf for 4 (and their golf course is pretty pricy!) - but if you're not a golfer, feel free to give me the round of 4 if you dont' use it. haha
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're looking in the DE area, I really recommend taking a look at Winterthur Museum. It's an old DuPont mansion and has beautiful grounds/picture taking places. The large reception spot is not great, but the small one is actually in a part of the museum and is kinda cool. It's in your price range, especially if you are willing to consider a Friday.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Has no one plugged Normandy Farm yet?  <3 Normandy Farm.

I have no idea about it fitting in your budget, but I wish the Phoenixville Foundry or Artesano Iron Works had been around when I got married (they are both very new venues and are gorgeous). 

For your budget, you have lots of flexibility.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks guys! I'm already getting overwhelmed. I set three appointments and I will see how they go and then decide on where go from there.
    This Saturday is the Waterworks Restaraunt
    Next Tuesday is the Glenn Foerd
    First Saturday in March we are going to the Hotel Dupont and Brantwyn Estate

• Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at 15-20 places...
    So I have a lot that I liked but that we didn't use for various reasons.

We decided on the Manor House @ Commonwealth.
    They worked with me for a Friday Night, Off Season.

http://www.commonwealthmanor.com/
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Merion, and so far they've been great.  They would probably be around $120-$130 for a Friday, depending on the season.  If you have any questions about them let me know!  They give you a lot for your money.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards