Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Good morning!

WTF is up with the weather????  19 degrees and windy is unacceptable.  My car hated me for turning it on this morning... hopefully it starts when I leave.  I may have to give it a pep talk.

Amer - Please tell JEGs to keep his man-PMS to himself.  H came home all moody last night, so after a brief exchange where I could tell he was moody (nothing directed at me), I pretty much left him alone for a while so he didn't have an opportunity to piss me off.

Re: Good morning!

• Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning!

Looks like I'm on bed-rest with early stages of pneumonia.  BLA!  So hopefully you girls are chatty today... I'm going to be bored!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll try to keep you entertained mana!

I confess I have a lot of confessions for tomorrow's post.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like when it is cold in winter, however, I do not like when it changes overnight.

Hil- I just leave FI alone too when he is being like that. For the reason you stated. I don't want to get mad at him when he is having male PMS. haha.
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    THANKS MH! 

I guess the plus side is I didn't have to go out in the 19 degree weather this morning.  We have snow on the ground in MD.
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    good morning all. 

last night we decorated the tree, the dog kept trying to eat the ornaments. 

whos excited for cliff lee?!?!?!
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    I AM JACKIE!  FI texted me this morning we got him back!!!  I'm waiting for the story on Sports center now...
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh... my coworker came in giddy talking about Cliff Lee and wearing his Phils coat. 
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whoo!! Cliff Lee!!!
    :)

MH- my car also hated me. It sounded like a old lady who's been smoking for 80 years when I turned it on. :-P

yikes mana- hope you feel better soon!
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning.

Hope you feel better Mana!

I am soooo excited at having that smokin' hot Phil, Cliff Lee, back. I mean please, he really couldn't have gone to the Yankees, esp. not after they harrassed his wife. FI is most likely wearing his Cliff Lee shirt today while he's out at work, and I'm putting one on my x-mas list - especially after getting a Models coupon last night when I bought Eagles stuff for my sister.

I too am sick of the weather. It is chilly in my office since the wind is blowing through the over 100 year old windows that have never been replaced or fixed....worst part is, it's not even winter yet...
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cliff Lee!!! I was all ready to go to bed last night but then I had to stay up and make sure that the news was true. I'm so excited!!! Only 107 more days until baseball. Speaking of days... I'm officially at 200 more days today. Eeeek!!! Also...I think I'm going to have to not go to the GTG on Thursday. I'm having Christmas at my house...and we have a lot of stuff to do before that happens. Hopefully the next GTG will be a Saturday.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    RA- the next one will be a Saturday :-)   I didnt know that some people can never make Sundays, so the next will be Saturday.
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011

Future - they harassed his wife?  I didn't hear this story!!!

my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_good-morning-167?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:5addf2bb-b2cb-44e9-86bd-83e07125f0baPost:1df56ced-caf1-45c7-a14a-01c810ca9030">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Future - they harassed his wife?  I didn't hear this story!!!
    Posted by mana8503[/QUOTE]

me either.  do explain!!  
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning ladies.

MH, I apologized for my husband's contagious mood.  Warning though:  after the crappy mood comes the I-Forget-Everything-You-Asked-Me-To-Do mood.  i.e: take out the trash, wash your dishes, buy stamps, get the mail.

But, in really good news, JEGs sold his Jeep yesterday.  We are offically car loan-free!
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning all! I was MIA yesterday because I have been super busy at work BUT the boss is away so I am taking a break...

#1 - I am also super pumped about Cliff Lee and this prompts me to make a follow-up call to the ticket office to check on my Sunday season tickets for DH...

#2 - I know I am late to the party on this one, but did anyone see Inception? We watched it this weekend and I LOVED it!

#3 - RE: Jackie's dog eating her ornaments... Skip hearts the Christmas tree and spends all his time curled up with his toys napping under it waiting for Santa... Super dark photographic proof below:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_good-morning-167?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:5addf2bb-b2cb-44e9-86bd-83e07125f0baPost:73f7e8ec-38a1-4b61-8ea2-41750b1e6604">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Warning though:  after the crappy mood comes the I-Forget-Everything-You-Asked-Me-To-Do mood.  i.e: take out the trash, wash your dishes, buy stamps, get the mail.
    Posted by Amerbutt81[/QUOTE]

I feel like this is everyday at our house. Not that DH forgets to do things, but he completely forgets conversations we've had. Sometimes twice. Like, "please talk to your parents about our plans for Christmas, which include X, so that when I'm standing in your mother's kitchen, she's not taken off-guard when I explain our plans to the point she almost cries that we have to leave "early" on Christmas morning after spending all of Christmas Eve with them." But I digress.

Yay Cliff Lee!!!! I super <3 him for both coming back to Philly AND saying no to the Yankees!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MadamA - We saw Inception between the wedding and honeymoon.  We went on a Sunday night, both of us tired, and walked out thinking "huh?"  We got it, but were too tired to really get it.  I think we'll be watching it again to fill in the sleepy blanks.
  • Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    edited December 2011
    You guys didn't hear the Mrs. Cliff Lee story?

Apparently, Yankee fans threw beer on her and spit on her during the playoffs.  Both gross and obnoxious. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Smile1114Smile1114 member
    edited December 2011
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/26/kristen-lee-cliff-lees-wi_n_774204.html

I've read they spit on her and that was not the worst of it, however I cant find that article now. I read she refused to go to NY and thats part of the reason why he signed here.

This year is going to be sick!
    11/11/11

*Make A Wish*
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm 5 months out today!!! :-) HOLY CRAP, where is the time going??

I'm super excited about bout Cliff Lee! He's a sexy piece of man meat. BUT, it's super annoying to see 9000 Facebook status posts about him haha. Also something that annoys me today: The fact that my desktop weather reader says it's 19 degrees out. GROSS. 

Feel better, Mana! :-)
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    madam- inception was amazing!   and  LOVE the picture of skip waiting for santa!!!
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_good-morning-167?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:5addf2bb-b2cb-44e9-86bd-83e07125f0baPost:1df56ced-caf1-45c7-a14a-01c810ca9030">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Future - they harassed his wife?  I didn't hear this story!!!

apparetnly when he played the yanks with the Rangers, his wife came and was jeered at and they threw beer. Yankee fans are super sore losers and weren't happy they lost him again...well third time wasn't the charm! FI told me about it, he either read it or heard about it on ESPN - not sure when it happened, other than this past season and after the trade deadline obviously.
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WHY WHY WHY do Philly news and Philly fans get so hyped up over little things.  IMO, their pitching wasn't the issue this year.... so unless Cliff Lee is an awesome batter with grand-slam power, I don't see this as a huge game changer.

Flame away...
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm just glad he said no to the yankees - HA not everyone wants to be a yankee!

I haven't seen inception... wonder if it's ondemand?!  I need something to do...
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_good-morning-167?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:5addf2bb-b2cb-44e9-86bd-83e07125f0baPost:186f9d46-9ce4-41f1-b57d-adba50e0a8c5">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I'm just glad he said no to the yankees - HA not everyone wants to be a yankee! </strong>I haven't seen inception... wonder if it's ondemand?!  I need something to do...

This!!

And yes, it's on demand. That's where we rented it. Watch it today!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm still PO'd about my favorite player Werth being such a sell out :-P
    Guess you have to remember it really is all about money anymore...boo
    So that is still overshadowing the Cliff news for me, even though I'm happy about it... 

Inception was good but I also was like 'wait--- whatt?' and I still find it hard to pick Juno as any other character other than Juno hahaha
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning.  I'm a little distracted today, so I sort of skimmed the posts.

Cliff Lee - YAY!  I agree MH, the offense was our biggest problem this year.  But its still awesome that he said no to the Yankees and now we have the best pitching staff in the league.

Inception - total mindf*ck and brilliant movie.  Rent it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    >>so unless Cliff Lee is an awesome batter with grand-slam power, I don't see this as a huge game changer<<

:::hugs MH:::
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_good-morning-167?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:5addf2bb-b2cb-44e9-86bd-83e07125f0baPost:9739017f-e2f2-4337-ba32-b2703a4d6964">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning! : This!! And yes, it's on demand. That's where we rented it. Watch it today!
    Posted by Madam A[/QUOTE]

GOOD because I'm all caught up on my DVR and daytime tv makes me angry haha!

MH - We still have big hitters on the roster.  And I guess they think if our pitching is flawless we don't need grand slam hitters.  We have to see if they get a big hitter next...
    my 2012 shelf:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards